steelhead pics

wallywalleye

Hope you steelheaders enjoy these.

067-1.jpg

050.jpg

039.jpg

That first pic is just awesome... Thanks for sharing...

awesome colors! out of curiosity, why are these fish so much darker than the majority of what i'm seeing posted on other fishing forums?

ch312...these pictures are of spawning river run males when their colours are deeply intensified. When they come in from the lake to spawn they are chrome but after they're in the river for some time they change to their vibrant spawning colours. The longer they are in the river the more intense their colours become. Of course after spawning most steelhead return once again to the lake and soon turn chrome again. Steelies will usually be more colourful when they are in the river for some length of time although not nearly as intense as the spawning cycle. Aren't steelies beautiful?

quote:
Originally posted by wallywalleye

ch312...these pictures are of spawning river run males when their colours are deeply intensified. When they come in from the lake to spawn they are chrome but after they're in the river for some time they change to their vibrant spawning colours. The longer they are in the river the more intense their colours become. Of course after spawning most steelhead return once again to the lake and soon turn chrome again. Steelies will usually be more colourful when they are in the river for some length of time although not nearly as intense as the spawning cycle. Aren't steelies beautiful?

Nice rainbows wallywalleye - you should get a picture of that first fish and frame it - awesome.

Wojo

Wojo...I wish I could take credit these great photos but I downloaded these great pics off the forum on spoonpullers.com. I liked them so much I thought I would share them with you guys to also enjoy. And yes that first pic certainly does deserve framing.

Nice lookn pics wallywalleye .................thanks for posting .................apps

002200x150.jpg

Thanks for posting these pics wallywalleye.Those bucks are beautiful in there spawning colors. I didn't realize people still posted fishing reports on spoonpullers.....I thought it had turned into a veritable wasteland of bitching about Atlantic salmon...the Great Ontario Salmon Derby...and Lake O Rainbow limits;)

The Dude Abides.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks