Fishing Report Stanley am limits July 05

mick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Ryan & I got out at first light off stanley on a light SE...we made it SSE offshore to a small area I fished in past years we found big hills of bottom smelt & lots of hungry pickeral for a great bite..landed 14 for 15 pics all on shiners.. nice selection of year classes up to 6 lbs.. same spread runnin 2 leadcore 7 & 8 colours off the boards & 2 riggers at 37 & 43 ft..black n gold took the most..followed up with orange N gold for our biggest..most boats limited out early just after 9 to 10 am..talked to a boat behind us at the launch with there count also releasing 5 bows..we had are spot to ourselves (y) ...heres a few pics..

July 05 2020 Stanley summer pics 014.jpg July 05 2020 Stanley summer pics 012.jpg July 05 2020 Stanley summer pics 015.jpg July 05 2020 Stanley summer pics 007.jpg delicious..

Ryan & I got out at first light off stanley on a light SE...we made it SSE offshore to a small area I fished in past years we found big hills of bottom smelt & lots of hungry pickeral for a great bite..landed 14 for 15 pics all on shiners.. nice selection of year classes up to 6 lbs.. same spread runnin 2 leadcore 7 & 8 colours off the boards & 2 riggers at 37 & 43 ft..black n gold took the most..followed up with orange N gold for our biggest..most boats limited out early just after 9 to 10 am..talked to a boat behind us at the launch with there count also releasing 5 bows..we had are spot to ourselves (y) ...heres a few pics..

View attachment 24832 View attachment 24833 View attachment 24834 View attachment 24835 delicious..
FOW?

View attachment 24832 View attachment 24833 View attachment 24834 View attachment 24835 delicious..
Good fishing mick

great report, thank you Mick, maybe we don't have to go to Glasgow again soon, though its an awesome launch. what do you think about all the bows around the picks this season? so much fun but gotta smoke to eat them. how many feet were you out?

Ya Toad it was good fishing for almost everybody sunday am off stanley...really nice to see all the boats come off the lake with there limits..and talking to some younger fishermen about there success story back at the launch..awsome memory..

hey cathfisher you can head out there and catch fish my friend..if your looking for a mixed bag..start looking in 60-61 fow..we found ares in 67 to 68 fow on the smelt...all pics no junk.. like others I release all my erie trout..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks