Fishing Report St Willys perch report Jan 22

My go to is usually Swedish pimple , but this year I’ve been doing the best on Williams wallblers , 1 pike half dozen keeper perch so far today 0F8EEDE8-54C7-4291-A545-125A7F6FAB22.jpeg

Holy crap , I’m guessing he drove out before he checked thicknesses

How thick is the ice out there?

If it's clear black ice like I've seen on small lakes around here this winter, 8" is minimal for a small SUV while 12" is minimum you'd want for a full size pickup.

Many safety and charts published by various governments state 8" as the minimum for a car/small truck....

Our first annual ice fishing for the year netted us 29 nice perch and Brandon’s first pike. There many dinks caught and it kept us amused. We got off the ice around 5:30 ish, snow had picked up with the winds blowing made visibilty poor.
On the return back to the cottage I get a phone call to head out plowing snow at midnight……crap. This snow wasn’t really in the forecast but when I get called I must go.
Cleaned the fish and ate my dinner then went bed setting my alarm to get up for 10:30 pm. Got as far as Tillsonburg and got a call to cancel plowing…….crap again!!!!
Continued for home seeming I’m that close in case it snows enough.
So if I don’t get a call I’ll be heading back down in the morning and Brandon will have everything ready for us to fish this time out of the Old Cut
View attachment 53405View attachment 53406
Good job Jimmer.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks