St. Williams Sunday - Jumbo Perch!

Jwalsh

Fished both days this weekend, with Sunday providing the best results. Saturday was dinks, Sunday started with dinks, then we moved away from the huts to our own little piece of paradise and had a couple really nice schools of jumbos come in...all between 11:45am - 1:00PM. Kept 7 nice ones during the feeding frenzy and threw back alot more smaller ones! Here are some pictures:

My bro with a nice Jumbo

NorfolkCounty0-20130210-00381_zps11619712.jpg

Here's me with our biggest and our smallest keeper

NorfolkCounty0-20130210-00382_zps2b5ca6e0.jpg

And heres the big one next to a 26er! This perch measured in at 14-3/8" long! what a hog!

NorfolkCounty0-20130210-00383_zps18c7d73f.jpg

It's been two years since I have seen a school of footballs come through, sure was exciting!

WOW!! Awesome Jumbo at "14-3/4"!! These picture`s of your catch should get anyone excited,I know it does for me.8DCatching also a 26er is definetly a Bonus!!What technique did you use for that(26er-LOL);)8DI am looking forward to heading out once this mild spell leaves that we are experiencing now.Keep On Perching.8D

RED FISH

Nicely done. We were out yesterday, and, had the worst ice fishing I've ever seen on the bay. Less than ten dinks between two of us for the ENTIRE day.

Nice work Jwalsh! Hoping to get there by the end of the week with the weather holding out! (I even got my wife convinced to come along!) Although she wont sit in a hut I'll drop a line in for a while and then go take pictures.

Nice, allways pays to get away from the pack;)
Hey Red, I like they way you think. Only thing is what is the limit on 26ers and when you catch a miki do you through it back;)

Brian (Legend Man)

Nice to read your post jumbos,always a good laugh.:)Yes,miki`s unfortunately are throw backs,they are in the "Slot Size", 26ers,one limit over 14 inches.;)Hope to see you somewhere on the ice this year,lets hope for a long Hardwater Season.Good Luck To All.:)

RED FISH

Thanks for all the comments! Hopefully I can hook into a couple that size for the perch derby on Sunday!

It's looking like we will have some hardwater fishing for the rest of the month!

See you all on the ice!!

Justin Walsh

Also if any of you ever see me out there, come say HI, I always seem to ice a 26er, even when they are out of season ;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks