St Williams Ice Report

John

Lots of ppl posting about oldcut. Can anyone post and give updates on st William's ice conditions. Are outfitters out there? Are atv and snowmobiles out,? How much ice is there currently.

Lots of ppl posting about oldcut. Can anyone post and give updates on st William's ice conditions. Are outfitters out there? Are atv and snowmobiles out,? How much ice is there currently.
Hi John, my wife and I finally made it to St. Williams on Tuesday. Woodward Ice Fishing had a number of huts still out but pulled in close to shore and were watching conditions. Caught a couple of dinks but 50 feet away some else hauled in about 20 good perch keepers. We had a really nice day especially enjoyed the nice new interiors and the wood burning stoves. Best call Woodward for conditions. Huron.

There are huts for rent. the red 1s are still out,east of light house. and the blue boys pulled right out for the season by the looks of it. I seen sleds and 4wheelerz going out on Monday. I haven't fished that area since the big wet spots formed last week. The ice I was fishing to the SW of light house looked like Swiss cheese this passed Sunday so didn't want to try. It was a good spot too! Lol. Not sure how much or thick the ice is there but they are still fishing for sure.

There are huts for rent. the red 1s are still out,east of light house. and the blue boys pulled right out for the season by the looks of it. I seen sleds and 4wheelerz going out on Monday. I haven't fished that area since the big wet spots formed last week. The ice I was fishing to the SW of light house looked like Swiss cheese this passed Sunday so didn't want to try. It was a good spot too! Lol. Not sure how much or thick the ice is there but they are still fishing for sure.
Yesterday Woodward’s had many of there huts back up the road ice didn’t look good either hopefully I’ll get out to explore more, will post later tomorrow

Yesterday Woodward’s had many of there huts back up the road ice didn’t look good either hopefully I’ll get out to explore more, will post later tomorrow
That would be great @Jumbojim for a update on the ice conditions and thanks in advance.? Hopefully we can still get together for a day of ice fishing as we have discussed,ice conditions permitting.? ??:)

Last edited:
Ar
That would be great @Jumbojim for a update on the ice conditions and thanks in advance.? Hopefully we can still get together for a day of ice fishing as we have discussed,ice conditions permitting.???:)
i just returned home from a night shift, going for a nap hoping to take a look later, but on my return the bay looks deserted no huts any where to be seen on the ice all off. ?

Ar

i just returned home from a night shift, going for a nap hoping to take a look later, but on my return the bay looks deserted no huts any where to be seen on the ice all off. ?
Ya well my venture out this afternoon was a walk around the neighbourhood no one on the ice with 56 Kim wind gusts out there, ice not looking great some open spots out there hope it survives this warm spell all weekend mon plus 8 .
?

good for you @Jumbojim posting the nasty wind conditions with open LPB water...blame it on that super snow FULL moon you got tuesday night...

Last edited:
Ya well my venture out this afternoon was a walk around the neighbourhood no one on the ice with 56 Kim wind gusts out there, ice not looking great some open spots out there hope it survives this warm spell all weekend mon plus 8 .
?
Thanks for the not so good report about the ice condition @Jumbojim but you definitely saved me a 3 hour return trip to long point bay tomorrow as I had previously planned,and for me just to find out that the ice looked unsafe. Now I am wondering what to do tomorrow,give the “bay of empty”(lol) another try that I fished with @Extra Virgin & @Dmanwithnoname with a week ago,or go to the London Fishing Boating Outdoor Show with @Extra Virgin starting tomorrow and buy more fishing stuff that I don’t need!! lol Desicions,desicions!! Retirement is fantastic & be safe everyone that is thinking about going ice fishing.

Thanks for the not so good report about the ice condition @Jumbojim but you definitely saved me a 3 hour return trip to long point bay tomorrow as I had previously planned,and for me just to find out that the ice looked unsafe. Now I am wondering what to do tomorrow,give the “bay of empty”(lol) another try that I fished with @Extra Virgin & @Dmanwithnoname with a week ago,or go to the London Fishing Boating Outdoor Show with @Extra Virgin starting tomorrow and buy more fishing stuff that I don’t need!! lol Desicions,desicions!! Retirement is fantastic & be safe everyone that is thinking about going ice fishing.
The bay of empty would be my choice. More like a boat and rv show to me

Hi @Red Hering... Just wondered if you ever fished sharon creek reservoir for white crappie ...thinking you might have since you live in London and fish the deleware thames river area walleye which is only a couple miles down the road..we crappie fished there every spring ice out march & april after catchin thames walleyes...big numbers of keeper crappies...well worth the time & effort if you like white crappies..it could be a good possiblity ice fishin...if you want my exact location let me know...not complicated at all with easy access .. i mean a 2 minute walk..I personally don't like eating crappie that much...I would take them big sweet & firm bluegills anyday...yummm

Hi @Red Hering... Just wondered if you ever fished sharon creek reservoir for white crappie ...thinking you might have since you live in London and fish the deleware thames river area walleye which is only a couple miles down the road..we crappie fished there every spring ice out march & april after catchin thames walleyes...big numbers of keeper crappies...well worth the time & effort if you like white crappies..it could be a good possiblity ice fishin...if you want my exact location let me know...not complicated at all with easy access .. i mean a 2 minute walk..I personally don't like eating crappie that much...I would take them big sweet & firm bluegills anyday...yummm
Willing to let anyone else in on the location?

Spoke with some coworkers & the bay of empty is turning around. He caught & released a few perch the other night. Still piles of thick ice and you got time to double dip. Fish the morning bite & hit the boat show when they open in the afternoon ?

check the map sharon creek conservation area...its a big area...park on Hwy 15 and fish tight in the SW corner to start...go small & light line..a small minnow under a tiny float...wax worms on a tiny jig...water clarity is murky...

ice out crappie we used a small float with a minnow and a short lead... same for LPB black crappie...

Yes I have fished Sharon Creek @mick but I have never fished it after ice out in March & April,and thanks for offering your exact spot to me,and I will be in contact with you sometime later.???:)

Spoke with some coworkers & the bay of empty is turning around. He caught & released a few perch the other night. Still piles of thick ice and you got time to double dip. Fish the morning bite & hit the boat show when they open in the afternoon ?
Sounds good @Extra Virgin but if the fishing is good,I will likely not go to the fishing show with you tomorrow,and I will text you around noon tomorrow for my final desicion. ? ?:p?:)

just was down in St Williams (5pm) all commercial huts were off and only a handful of walkers were out and not very far.

just was down in St Williams (5pm) all commercial huts were off and only a handful of walkers were out and not very far.
Thanks @skippy ? I am still glad that I didn’t do the drive today after reading @Jumbojim report as well from yesterday about the ice conditions not being safe,like you also just mentioned,the walkers were out,but not too far.I ended up instead fishing today locally somewhere else near London. ???:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks