Fishing Report St Clair Musky - 09-17

G.Mech

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Took advantage of the nice weather and made a one day trip to Lighthouse Cove. We fished the East shoreline from 12-16 fow and managed to go 6 for 7. There were no trophies but 3 nice fat 40" or so fish with some smaller ones mixed in. All fish were caught trolling 6-8" hard baits, Ziggies took 4 and Georgies got 2; yellow and black patterns took all 6. This fishery will only get better as fall moves on and the fish turn on the feed bag.

Greg Musky 2.jpgIMG_20210917_0857372.jpgIMG_20210917_1359086.jpgIMG_20210917_0856079.jpgDale Musky.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the report, got out Sunday fished the same area from 11 am to 3. Went 3 for 5, 2 44” and 1 36” Landed. beauty day on the lake, will get better soon!

Congrats! Pretty good day when you land 6. You guys obviously know what you are doing. I've only enjoyed that level of success using a charter where the angler doesn't have to know a thing.

Congrats! Pretty good day when you land 6. You guys obviously know what you are doing. I've only enjoyed that level of success using a charter where the angler doesn't have to know a thing.
Well to be honest Arnie, I'm pretty new at this too but I've learned a ton from Ian Jones at Fish LSC charters who has definitely pointed me in the right direction and been super helpful. I have done okay the last two years and hope that my results keep improving but it could just be some beginners luck too...time will tell.

Nice fishing, we were out in the area Thursday & Friday got 3 both days 48", 2 -47", 43",40", 38" all our fish came off St Clair Hounds double 10's and 1 Handle barze double 10. Funny we couldn't move anything with the cranks. Our 1 47" fish was the huge I could hardly lift the fat bugger lol, nice healthy fish out there.

Nice fishing, we were out in the area Thursday & Friday got 3 both days 48", 2 -47", 43",40", 38" all our fish came off St Clair Hounds double 10's and 1 Handle barze double 10. Funny we couldn't move anything with the cranks. Our 1 47" fish was the huge I could hardly lift the fat bugger lol, nice healthy fish out there.
Great fishing, nice to get some bigger ones. I ran various double 10's all day and never got a sniff....strange how that goes sometimes.

Our best double 10's were yellow mirage I think it's called with gold blades, 40'-45' back, 5'leader with 5oz or 6oz snap weight running about 3.7 mph

Our best double 10's were yellow mirage I think it's called with gold blades, 40'-45' back, 5'leader with 5oz or 6oz snap weight running about 3.7 mph
Same speeds, maybe I wasn't deep enough.....all my fish came on hard baits, 4oz back 40 feet.

Funny how things are different, we got all 3 on hard baits 50 back off the boards no weights. One hit on the retrieve when checking lines. Nothing on weighted spinners!

Fishing for monsters will only get better now.
Good luck boys & keep posting reports!.
Not up until mid October so any info before that would be great👍

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks