spring turkey & bear hunting

Just a heads up on a change I was not aware of. I got a bird opening morning and reported it the next day. I then bought a second tag which I filled last Sunday. I went back on line to report it and it would not accept my report. The old rule was you needed to report within 24 hours but it looks like now they want you to wait until you are finished hunting and you have until mid-June to report. Because I had reported the first bird it looks like the system assumed I was finished hunting even though I purchased a second tag on line.

Just a heads up on a change I was not aware of. I got a bird opening morning and reported it the next day. I then bought a second tag which I filled last Sunday. I went back on line to report it and it would not accept my report. The old rule was you needed to report within 24 hours but it looks like now they want you to wait until you are finished hunting and you have until mid-June to report. Because I had reported the first bird it looks like the system assumed I was finished hunting even though I purchased a second tag on line.
I'm sure there will be allot of confusion and bugs that need to be worked out with new system this year

I experienced a glitch this morning buying my bear licence online...when i clicked print products my licence summary and official receipt appeared on the PDF page with no tag...I waited a bit to fully load and reviewed the summary..I then clicked print..and didn't see or get the tag....so I had to call the MNR and they credited me a free tag...I went to our dixie dairy bar licence issuer print me out one...she had to call & get MNR instructions to produce the credited tag from there software system....The MNR (carter) explained others have experienced the same issue...She was saying it takes up to 30 seconds to 2 minutes for the tag to load and appear..no sweat..they will fix it.. with all the no tag feed back...ya no tag.. now thats serious..lol

ya I'm pretty well packed and ready to head up...not leaving until all the ice is off the lakes and the snow is melted in the bush/ back roads...they got milder weather since the weekend and all this week and the 1 to 3 feet of lake ice is breaking up and the snow is melting in the bush...ya they were ice fishing up to friday...I got first hand condition updates every day..

Last edited:
Just a follow up to my post at the top here. When I was unable to report my bird I sent an email to the MNR reporting office telling them my problem. I really did not expect a reply I just wanted a record that I had tried as they say reporting is now mandatory. To my surprise yesterday I got a phone call from a very nice lady who said she got my email and understands the confusion. She said sometime around June 15 to expect another call and someone will take my report verbally. It was a pleasant surprise to find there are still some nice people behind all this computer inter-face.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks