spring bear hunting 2023

mick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I still have my new excalibur Phoenix crossbow pkg and never fired a shot, I don't like it, At the time I was looking at another crossbow I didn't like them either.

is there any really nice shooting crossbows..something worth a look at..performance and reliability...not price

Hi Mick I upgraded my Phoenix to the fast flight string they sell and carbon arrows and absolutely love it. Many a deer have fallen over the years including a 55yrd shot doe that I had a nice steady rest for. They will put the bolts on a dime at 60yrds once set up properly.

Besides that my buddy has a Excalibur micro. They are much smaller, accurate as any and very fast.

Thanks you guys for your input and experience with excalibre..wow thats impressive accuracy and range @rmsteve thanks for sharing...

I will defiantely consider the excalibre when I start fresh in the new year,

getting equiped with a crossbow I like to shoot will be #1

if I can get there with confidence with a deadly weapon.. then its a matter of finding and choosing a hunt camp for bear, I use to fish the mornings and hunt bear in the evenings...shooting light goes till like 10 pm..ya the only thing in June is you need bug repellent..May is a bit better depending on how far up..

Last edited:
I have Excalibur micro suppressor
And Slancy shoots Excalibur 308 short banshee

hey I was hoping you would chime in @Derkd9 thanks for the Excalibre household name

I got to get equipped with archery crossbow for a spring hunt & fish trip next spring..

It seems a long time since i been north hunting & fishing, I miss running my ATV grizzley, I have alot tied up including my F150..
but that ended.. with my cabin reservation canceled the last 15 days of May..covid March 2020 hit like a hurricaine..I am not crying the blues..thats just what happened

ya instead of starting where I left off..maybe i can find a new beginning, something fresh and new in Ontario..its kinda like getting a tag for a new area..but you get to choose where & when within reason..

We picked our crossbows up at antler river archery in Delaware
my friend also likes shopping at archers nook in London for archery equipment.

Thanks @Derkd9 for reminding me.. I remember you told me good things about that shop in Deleware..
I was chatting with somebody there in the off season, and offering an outdoor range..
a good source of crossbow oppurtunity & availability to call and see what they got in stock,

I was in archers nook years back looking at crossbows and come across some of the innovation of carbon fibre bows and arrows..
an indoor range to test shoot a selection of bows as well..

I sold my long range rangefinder, I would be replacing that as well for archery arrow trajectory ranging..i bet thats important..lol

Excalibur micro suppressor for myself and a micro 30t for the wife. Both awesome and very accurate crossbows and very light and compact. Their warranty is definitely great

Thanks for the very light and compact quote @Fshrmn4life with the micro model..I will be calling ahead to check what these shops have in stock for crossbows.. before i go and look/shop..

reading the micro.. the limbs width and the weight.. ya sounds like a compact fit

best thing to do is shoot what i got and go to the shop and compare

I am not buying no ontario bear licence, I am not buying nothing related to hunting never ever ever ever again.

does anybody remember the history of the ontario spring bear hunt in relation to Mike Harris?

I have never forgotten.

Last edited:
I own the Excalibur magair it's the lightest crossbow on the market shoots center of target at 65 yards

I am not buying no ontario bear licence, I am not buying nothing related to hunting never ever ever ever again.

does anybody remember the history of the ontario spring bear hunt in relation to Mike Harris?

I have never forgotten.

Well that’s a sharp turn since November 1st!

Well that’s a sharp turn since November 1st!
He must have got into a pissing match and lost lol
Not that @mick owes anyone an explanation for his sharp turn and his arrogant remarks about hunters and firearms owners..
all I have read is that he’s hunted more and better animals then all of us peasants.. which is not a reason to give up hunting. And just a way for him to boost his own ego.
Which whatever mick your stories sound cool doesn’t make you any better then the rest of us. I don’t get it.. probably never will

Hey @Derkd9 you get up at 5am and you post this reply..for what what are you looking for..really.

Last edited:
He must have got into a pissing match and lost lol
Not that @mick owes anyone an explanation for his sharp turn and his arrogant remarks about hunters and firearms owners..
all I have read is that he’s hunted more and better animals then all of us peasants.. which is not a reason to give up hunting. And just a way for him to boost his own ego.
Which whatever mick your stories sound cool doesn’t make you any better then the rest of us. I don’t get it.. probably never will
is that the best you can do @Derkd9 to take me out..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks