Off Topic Sportsman Show

SonsOfPerchin

Went to the sportsman show for first time. I was really impressed with the size of it and was there all day but still didnt get to see everything we wanted to. There was a fishing tackle liquidator set up there so ended up picking up a Diawa 8ft trolling pole with a Shakespeare ATS line counter real for $80.

Went to the sportsman show for first time. I was really impressed with the size of it and was there all day but still didnt get to see everything we wanted to. There was a fishing tackle liquidator set up there so ended up picking up a Diawa 8ft trolling pole with a Shakespeare ATS line counter real for $80.
I was thinking of going as well today to the Toronto Sportsmen’s Show @SonsOfPerchin but friends of mine,(who aren’t retired-lol),can’t go till this weekend.It is a fantastic show for sure,and I am glad to read that you had a great time,being at this show for your first time. ?:)

Thanks @Red Hering. I was very impressed with the whole show. Only wish had more time for everything
Definitely @SonsOfPerchin about needing to have more time for everything at this show!! I go every 2 to 3 years to this show,and I am glad that it is located where it is now with free parking and easy access from the Highway 401,compared to the last location at the Canadian National Exhibition Place in south Toronto near the Union Station and the CN tower with paid parking.I am anxious to go to this show sometime this week.

Got a great deal on a Special Mate large spoon tackle box...$65 no tax
That is a great deal for sure @fishstalker and especially with no taxes!! Those Special Mate large spoon tackle boxes usually cost $99 and up plus taxes!! I will keep my eye out to purchase one of those as well if there are any left when I go to this show,and thanks for posting about this great deal!! ??:)

Fun to go with the nephews and neices. Lots to see. Disappointed the retriever trials were done on a concrete floor... As a kid they always had part of the arena designed as a hunting scene with trees, leaves and small ponds.

The special mate boxes at the show you can get in either spoon or body bait style, great deal at 65 no tax. At the end of the first aisle on the right. Great deal on Quantum throttle rod and reel combos as well 120.00 for 2 they have6.6 medium, and 5 foot ultra light. Booth is GT Outdoors.

I feel like a kid on Christmas eve lol ???
I can't wait to head to the show tomorrow morning and check out all the goodies!!

Just got home from having an awesome time at the sportsman show?? I also spent more than I had anticipated don't tell the better half lol? got to see lots of new products and got to meet and shake hands with lots of people I have watched on tv for many years Pete Bowman,Angalo Viola,RonJames,Leo Stakos and Charlie Wray also a Youtuber that I follow that goes by the name LadyBass all great people!!! I also spent a good while talking with Tim Hine from Rahfish a fishing clothing brand that I am a big fan of! So for tackle I picked up some new crank baits,jigs,buzzbaits,swim baits and one I can't wait to try called the whopper plopper.(if any of you have used one I would appreciate your feedback on it)I figure I have plenty of trolling tackle in my arsenal now so I better start stocking up on some bass and pike gear for the up coming season. I hope everyone that has gone or is going has just as good of a time if not a better time than I had! Best show I've been to in a while! now I just have to wait till next weekend for the Ancaster swap meet.

THE Whopper Plopper works I caught bass on it last year running it over the top of weed beds. Berkley puts one out also called the Choppo but the tail end on theirs is a harder plastic which might be harder to hook the fish. Berkley's are a lot less money also

Just got home from having an awesome time at the sportsman show?? I also spent more than I had anticipated don't tell the better half lol? got to see lots of new products and got to meet and shake hands with lots of people I have watched on tv for many years Pete Bowman,Angalo Viola,RonJames,Leo Stakos and Charlie Wray also a Youtuber that I follow that goes by the name LadyBass all great people!!! I also spent a good while talking with Tim Hine from Rahfish a fishing clothing brand that I am a big fan of! So for tackle I picked up some new crank baits,jigs,buzzbaits,swim baits and one I can't wait to try called the whopper plopper.(if any of you have used one I would appreciate your feedback on it)I figure I have plenty of trolling tackle in my arsenal now so I better start stocking up on some bass and pike gear for the up coming season. I hope everyone that has gone or is going has just as good of a time if not a better time than I had! Best show I've been to in a while! now I just have to wait till next weekend for the Ancaster swap meet.
View attachment 13096
It sounds like you had a great time @JohnW and some good looking deals you purchased from the show!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks