South wind

Dewworm

So please refresh my mind, getting old sucks..I have a 17.5 ft boat lund mr pike, how much south wind will start to make it uncomfortable..looking at windfinder they are calling for .3ft waves tomorrow afternoon..with South winds approx. Under 10km...what should I expect..

Looking at the windy now, you could almost kayak Lake Erie tomorrow. I think you should not worry at all if the wind is below 15 km/h (that's my limit with Legend Xcalibur 18) without the gusts. If the wind with the gusts hit 20-25 km/h, and projected waves are 1 ft, that's my limit. Also, if the wind direction is "from the further end of lake to the shore", I usually lower these limits because stronger wind from the far towards where will be means that you will get some of these waves. Learned that this year the hard way... Cheers

down in the west end, 9knots or km or mi, which ever they post is my limit from the south wind, 6-7 is very do-able, this evening windy say 3 from south, which is almost glass.

south winds is what we need it will bring in bait fish and the eyes will follow and looks like a messed up weekend Saturday looks like a right off with rain and thunderstorms. Sunday is still hopefull

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks