Sounds like Rondeau has a plan. Anyone heard what the LPWA plans are for the upcoming waterfowl season?

dudelta

RBWA Upcoming Waterfowl Season and Covid 19 Protection

A letter requesting a review of our plans for opening the Waterfowl Office is in the process of being drafted and sent to Rondeau Park, the Ministry, and the Minister. The basic premise is geared around keeping our employees and hunters safe.

-Expect no one but our employees to be allowed into the Waterfowl Office.

-A detailed plan will be presented when it is complete. It includes daily draw procedures as well as Opening Day and B Zone Draw procedures.

-It will be imperative that all hunters practice social distancing at all times. RBWA encourages all hunters to wear a mask and to avail themselves of the Canadian Covid 19 app when it becomes available.

-Working on developing a lighted map for the outside of the Waterfowl Office to be used for daily draws.

-The Waterfowl Office has been declared an Emergency Holding Location for any staff member or visitor who have Covid 19 symptoms. Thus, if any person shows symptoms they will be placed in the WO until their transport to another location. If it happens on a hunting day, the office will be closed.

Hello Guys,

Just a thought ... a suggestion ... we could go to an all "self serve" system in which you drive in, select a blind, submit your registration card with payment, hunt for the day and then return to check out later in the day.

I had suggested this as an option years ago but it was declined due to the fact that the reservation system would have to be scrapped. However the suggestion was eventually accepted for the post season period.

Jerome

I think the self serve system works well for those hunters who are retired, have campers at the park or for those hunters who live close to the unit. A lot of hunters who still have to work for a living or don't live close to the unit rely heavily on the reservation system.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks