So whats the deal with erie bows

When you bleed them..... Do you cut their gills or just cut their throat? Do you do that immediately after catching?

There are shears on the boat. Cut the throat just ahead of the wings, they bleed out quick.

No, most go into the livewell for a bit, and then start snipping them.

If there's a bleeder turning the boat into a crime scene, that gets cut right away. LOL

And then we all clean up the "evidence" so it doesn't end up on everything.

My rule of thumb with bigger trout has always been anything over 5lbs, I don't fillet it. I steak'em like I would an Arctic Char or a Salmon.....sometimes I'll do'em up in a pan, sometimes I'll do'em in the oven, and sometimes I'll do'em on the BBQ.....BUT that said, the only trout I've caught since I moved back here 12 years ago was this one 2 years ago while I was out with Tailfeathers.

Attachments

• PB Rainbow caught July 4 while out with Tailfeathers 5lb.jpg
    PB Rainbow caught July 4 while out with Tailfeathers 5lb.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
My rule of thumb with bigger trout has always been anything over 5lbs, I don't fillet it. I steak'em like I would an Arctic Char or a Salmon.....sometimes I'll do'em up in a pan, sometimes I'll do'em in the oven, and sometimes I'll do'em on the BBQ.....BUT that said, the only trout I've caught since I moved back here 12 years ago was this one 2 years ago while I was out with Tailfeathers.
Try the steak method with an Asian fusion sauce, OMG , game changer

Try the steak method with an Asian fusion sauce, OMG , game changer
Sorry don't mean to laugh. Before I was a truck driver and before I got hurt, I was a chef for 12 of 15 years I worked in the restaurant industry from the late 80's until 2003. During 3 of those years as I was learning the trade, I worked in a Chinese/Canadian restaurant and apprenticed under a Chinese Chef. I know a few sauces ;)

Sorry don't mean to laugh. Before I was a truck driver and before I got hurt, I was a chef for 12 of 15 years I worked in the restaurant industry from the late 80's until 2003. During 3 of those years as I was learning the trade, I worked in a Chinese/Canadian restaurant and apprenticed under a Chinese Chef. I know a few sauces ;)
It's all good , Asian spices are fabulous on trout and salmon, i have a few friends that are of Asian background, and some of their moms cooking is off the charts compared to simple English foods, the flavor is 10 fold.

It's all good , Asian spices are fabulous on trout and salmon, i have a few friends that are of Asian background, and some of their moms cooking is off the charts compared to simple English foods, the flavor is 10 fold.
The only major difference, as is the case in most cuisine, aside from seasonings and spices, is how it's prepared, and what is served with it as a side dish.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks