Smoked Mac 'n Cheese

Mrs. Stomp

Staff member
I’m going to try smoked mac ‘n cheese on @stomp's new toy, The Traeger recipe calls for making a sauce of cream, cream cheese and more cheese. Sounds delicious, but my ankles may swell and I might not fit into my new shoes. I’m thinking about making my usual recipe with a white sauce with cheese,

Any suggestions for a recipe?

Also, my cast iron pan isn’t big enough to use for mac ‘n cheese so I was planning to use a glass baking dish. I”v read that you can use any oven safe cookware in the Traegar – what do others use?

That sounds like a great idea @Mrs. Stomp , I haven't done that yet.

Personally I'd just use The Wife's recipe here, tried and true with smoke added.

She has two kinds, one with tomato soup and another with mushroom soup. Both are rich and laden with cheese. If baked, (tomato version) {lots of times it's just a stove top version}, it will have surface cheese as well as bread crumbs and sometimes even strip of bacon across the top.

Why am I getting hungry for baked m & c?

Any oven safe will work, I have used foil containers as I don't do dishes. 😁

I can see it my mind's eye, The @stomp 's Smokehouse and Eatery. Nice! 🌻

Last edited:
I’m going to try smoked mac ‘n cheese on @stomp's new toy, The Traeger recipe calls for making a sauce of cream, cream cheese and more cheese. Sounds delicious, but my ankles may swell and I might not fit into my new shoes. I’m thinking about making my usual recipe with a white sauce with cheese,

Any suggestions for a recipe?

Also, my cast iron pan isn’t big enough to use for mac ‘n cheese so I was planning to use a glass baking dish. I”v read that you can use any oven safe cookware in the Traegar – what do others use?
I’ve tried 2 different recipes. The simple 1 was cream cheese and shredded cheese as main ingredients, the second had several more things in it ( can’t remember them) but wasn‘t as good so didn’t keep recipe. Used throw away foil pans from the Dollar store.

Id go with your white sauce and add cheese of choice, or whatever is getting old in the fridge.
I don't have a recipe, but I do have rough measurements. For a large lasagna dish worth:

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
melt butter medium heat, add flour, mix well,
add milk slowly until saucy, prob at least 4 cups
Add cheese of choice.
mix into half a bag of stiff cooked pasta elbows, or curly's,
Top with shredded cheese and panko, or bread crumbs. Bake in smoker till desired smokeyness.

I usually make one or two in tin foil pans when smoking something else and freeze em. So cook temp depends on whatever meat Im smoking at the time. Just keep an eye on it, when the top noodles and cheese look baked I pull it out.
Make it extra saucy, the noodles keep soaking up the sauce.
To re heat left overs, add some milk and toss in microwave.

Made one last week, used up some old cheddar and half a round of Brie.
Just so happened to find a small chunk of smoked brisket in the freezer I misplaced for a few months, so chopped it up and threw that in to,
Kids said it was best yet..

One note on the glass dish, I dont have a traeger, but my pellet smoker can put out a lot of smoke.
I did one in a lasagna glass dish once, hard to clean the smoke off the glass.
I would do it again tho. lol. Worth it.

Good luck
And happy Mothers day, hope ya got the blue pair with the fishing lure around the ankle strap...

That sounds like a great idea @Mrs. Stomp , I haven't done that yet.

Personally I'd just use The Wife's recipe here, tried and true with smoke added.

She has two kinds, one with tomato soup and another with mushroom soup. Both are rich and laden with cheese. If baked, (tomato version) {lots of times it's just a stove top version}, it will have surface cheese as well as bread crumbs and sometimes even strip of bacon across the top.

Why am I getting hungry for baked m & c?

Any oven safe will work, I have used foil containers as I don't do dishes. 😁

I can see it my mind's eye, The @stomp 's Smokehouse and Eatery. Nice! 🌻
I forget about using foil containers... I'll be using it for this

Id go with your white sauce and add cheese of choice, or whatever is getting old in the fridge.
I don't have a recipe, but I do have rough measurements. For a large lasagna dish worth:

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
melt butter medium heat, add flour, mix well,
add milk slowly until saucy, prob at least 4 cups
Add cheese of choice.
mix into half a bag of stiff cooked pasta elbows, or curly's,
Top with shredded cheese and panko, or bread crumbs. Bake in smoker till desired smokeyness.

I usually make one or two in tin foil pans when smoking something else and freeze em. So cook temp depends on whatever meat Im smoking at the time. Just keep an eye on it, when the top noodles and cheese look baked I pull it out.
Make it extra saucy, the noodles keep soaking up the sauce.
To re heat left overs, add some milk and toss in microwave.

Made one last week, used up some old cheddar and half a round of Brie.
Just so happened to find a small chunk of smoked brisket in the freezer I misplaced for a few months, so chopped it up and threw that in to,
Kids said it was best yet..

One note on the glass dish, I dont have a traeger, but my pellet smoker can put out a lot of smoke.
I did one in a lasagna glass dish once, hard to clean the smoke off the glass.
I would do it again tho. lol. Worth it.

Good luck
And happy Mothers day, hope ya got the blue pair with the fishing lure around the ankle strap...
mmmm brie in Mac 'n Cheese! sounds delish. I'm going to stick with foil pans on the smoker as per a number of 6-8 suggestions!

Alas, I didn't get the shoes but I got a new fan for my cooktop for Mother's Day. The other one nearly deafened me let alone made me cranky with the sound of being on an airplane. @stomp now "gets" to install it.

mmmm brie in Mac 'n Cheese! sounds delish. I'm going to stick with foil pans on the smoker as per a number of 6-8 suggestions!

Alas, I didn't get the shoes but I got a new fan for my cooktop for Mother's Day. The other one nearly deafened me let alone made me cranky with the sound of being on an airplane. @stomp now "gets" to install it.
And once you get the new high heels @Mrs. Stomp , you'll be able to more easily reach the on/off buttons on your shiny new range hood! But, first things first... let's hope the range rood replacement goes smoothly...🤞🤞

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks