Smallmouth Report

Zeeter

Took the “little” nephews out for smallmouth yesterday evening. We finished with 73 smb and 1 walleye. Biggest was just over 20 inches. I am really impressed with the average size of fish this year - most were 17 inches. Quite a few 18 and 19 inchers too. We also caught over 30 drum! Drum sure fight hard, I will hand them that. Beautiful evening together.

Attachments

• 1F96F991-1683-4F0D-816C-C7B6C7848264.jpeg
    1F96F991-1683-4F0D-816C-C7B6C7848264.jpeg
    269.9 KB · Views: 284
  • C781929D-31D3-4B23-A353-2587996CE11A.jpeg
    C781929D-31D3-4B23-A353-2587996CE11A.jpeg
    264.6 KB · Views: 274
  • 27A0A581-E0FB-448F-8943-72CEC6321808.jpeg
    27A0A581-E0FB-448F-8943-72CEC6321808.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 241
Took the “little” nephews out for smallmouth yesterday evening. We finished with 73 smb and 1 walleye. Biggest was just over 20 inches. I am really impressed with the average size of fish this year - most were 17 inches. Quite a few 18 and 19 inchers too. We also caught over 30 drum! Drum sure fight hard, I will hand them that. Beautiful evening together.
where was this at and how deep with what bait ,like to take my girls out fishing for some of these

where was this at and how deep with what bait ,like to take my girls out fishing for some of these
Lol an important part of fishing and the most challenging part is to be able to find the fish.. While perhaps sharing tactics and water depths, anglers often will not give up their spots all that easily.

Lol an important part of fishing and the most challenging part is to be able to find the fish.. While perhaps sharing tactics and water depths, anglers often will not give up their spots all that easily.

This is true but a broad area would be helpful to a fishing report. It is a big lake. Something like, out of Turkey Point would suffice. Don't need specific coordinates. Otherwise we're just looking at fish pics.

Tactics and water depth would certainly be helpful information. A real fun part is finding them on your own.

I'm not a bass guy but i thought it was a great report... Alot of people want to be spoonfed i guess...

For me... I like to hear about your day and look at some pics... Thanks for the report and some good pics...

I will never criticize a constructive post to the forum, no matter if it is missing what I would like it to contain.

I'll ask a question to obtain more info.

I will and have taken issue with what I think are unacceptable posts.

They've all been removed by the mods, so I can't give you any examples. Which is a good thing.

There are no secret spots on erie !!!! Or st Clair... the spot buddy fished was fished before he did ..trust me ... no secret depths...his GPS way point is probably in my finder and 50 others aleast.. I thought I had off shore rock piles marked exclusively but it doesnt happen. He stumbled across schhokikg bass in transition. I have fished these same spots where one day there are loads of bass and next day almost none. There will always be bass shallow and always be bass deep and always be bass in transition. No secret baits everyone who ever fished Erie knows drop shot , tubes, hair jigs, bladed baits , ned rigs , wacky, as well as a variety of hard baits will catch em... even a basic smoke twister tail works very well. The successful big water guys rely on the electronics and do a milk run of known food spots until they find em.. it pretty basic stuff.

This site was originally started to help each other, not anglers bragging rights FYI

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks