Smallmouth Report

This is called jealousy. Guys can’t find them and they lash out at someone who does. There are some that replied in this thread who have never once posted a pic or info or tactics of how they catch them. A report is just that a report. Let us all know about the fish you caught. Not all the details in how it was done?? This thread excites me as my fall smallies are getting close and this allows me to know that the smallies are active. I still have to go out and find them but that’s the greatest part of fishing in my opinion. So I am curious? If I start posting pics about the 30 to 40 fish days I have this fall am I bragging? Am I being selfish in not sharing info about my spots and tactics? No I am posting a ‘report’ of the fish I caught. Stomp you should start a new forum called ’Fishing details’ where guys can posts all the little tidbits about their fishing, even waypoints, I bet that forum has light traffic from the hardcore guys!!

There are no secret spots on erie !!!! Or st Clair... the spot buddy fished was fished before he did ..trust me ... no secret depths...his GPS way point is probably in my finder and 50 others aleast.. I thought I had off shore rock piles marked exclusively but it doesnt happen. He stumbled across schhokikg bass in transition. I have fished these same spots where one day there are loads of bass and next day almost none. There will always be bass shallow and always be bass deep and always be bass in transition. No secret baits everyone who ever fished Erie knows drop shot , tubes, hair jigs, bladed baits , ned rigs , wacky, as well as a variety of hard baits will catch em... even a basic smoke twister tail works very well. The successful big water guys rely on the electronics and do a milk run of known food spots until they find em.. it pretty basic stuff.

More of the small mouth guys would be willing to share but from personal experience just to many guys looking for the bent rod pattern, guy pulls up on a spot you are fishing then next I see four pounders hanging on a stringer. Really good original post, finding smallies on Erie is not terribly difficult if you just put in a little time.

More of the small mouth guys would be willing to share but from personal experience just to many guys looking for the bent rod pattern, guy pulls up on a spot you are fishing then next I see four pounders hanging on a stringer. Really good original post, finding smallies on Erie is not terribly difficult if you just put in a little time.
Very well said! Putting in time is the key and marking waypoints. Over time a collection of waypoints is established and then it is much easier to consistently find fish.

Very well said! Putting in time is the key and marking waypoints. Over time a collection of waypoints is established and then it is much easier to consistently find fish.

BINGO!!! That goes for ALL fishing... ;)

I dont mind giving as much info as I can to those fishing. Read my previous posts....general areas aren't going to ruin my spots. I find it hilarious that some of the "pros" here have a problem disclosing areas. As a fisherman, coach, and father, I find the "best", share and those who improve , learn from those who do.
Go ahead and keep your "secrets"...I'll be willing to share with anyone who wants more intel.
So juvenile.
CF

I think people can tend to confuse "report" with "giving an exact location". I've used and provided reports for a few years now over forums to learn about fish patterns and figure out different spots to fish them at different times of the year and never have I required someone giving me an exact spot to find fish. I bet a lot of people on here use these reports as educational tools to improve their own fishing and aren't looking for handouts but just general information to help grow their learning. Also, if you're like me, I don't live super close to Lake Erie so I enjoy reports that provide some info so I can at least have an idea of where to go when I get there. It's a massive lake, I think everyone should learn to share it.

to many rookies fishin here when you should be fishin on the lake...the more time you put into fishin the more your going to learn and build up experience...been fishin erie and other great lakes for over 35 years..Iam still learnin every next trip..
headin up soon in a few hours for a 3 day fishin trip adventure up to huron.. plannin on fishin kincardine later today then port elgin tommorrow and sat. southampton..that might change...looking forward to gettin on the water and start lookin & fishin..I am confident i will get something goin..
if you cant go out on a nice day and catch fish on erie...thats pretty sad..

Isnt everyone on here looking for that bent rod action? Isnt that the point??? Your right finding them or catching them on eore is not terribly difficult.. this isn't a small lake where heavy pressure can ruin the fishery. My point is the guys top secret way points are not secret. If he was fishijg from mainland to long point..I probably have his way point.. I have over 250 smallie waypoints in my lowrance .. he probably has mine as well...as far as baits go come on....flip on wfn and izumi, dave mercer erc all target erie smallies...these aren't secrets lol...I spent more time fishing Erie than you and especially more time fishing bass than you. A lot of the knowledge I have learned was from other experienced anglers who offers helpful info..personally I could care less.. but there are others who want to learn..

Absolutely right @jerk bait I've encountered a few times recently where I was able to pry someone's "secret spot" out of them, they hesitantly and quietly whispered their honey hole and it turns out to be a feature that everyone knows, marked on Navionics and Lakemaster, frequently discussed on here, etc. Maybe they are just patronizing me and they really have secret honey holes, or maybe they just have delusions of grandeur.

I have been around fishing and the fishing industry for over 50 years. What I have learned is that when a successful angler is willing to share what he knows listen and listen carefully. It is a great gift but I would never dream of asking them for more than they are willing to share freely. I think Zeeter provided great information and an inspiration that great bass fishing is still possible late in the summer and I appreciate that. If you want to be spoon fed specifics hire a guide. If you are looking for information for free be prepared to get exactly what you paid for. Thank you Zeeter I hope you keep posting.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks