Fishing Report Smallmouth Nov 19 & 20

OK I have to ask...can I ask??? What part of Erie are you fishing???
There are numerous spots all around the outer bay. Any kind of shoal , rock pile or even a steep break will hold smallies this time of year. By step it could be just a couple feet on erie. Use your finder and mark mark mark. Plot points and GPS coordinates. They could be as deep as 30/40 feet or as shallow as 10. We were catching them last week in 24 feet . Jigging spoons , drop shot , tube jigs or heavy grubs all worked. Lost count around 30. Honestly spent more time watching finder than fishing ..

So this is the long point end of the lake?

There are numerous spots all around the outer bay. Any kind of shoal , rock pile or even a steep break will hold smallies this time of year. By step it could be just a couple feet on erie. Use your finder and mark mark mark. Plot points and GPS coordinates. They could be as deep as 30/40 feet or as shallow as 10. We were catching them last week in 24 feet . Jigging spoons , drop shot , tube jigs or heavy grubs all worked. Lost count around 30. Honestly spent more time watching finder than fishing ..
[/

So this is the long point end of the lake?
All over erie. East end is Particularly good. I was fishing outer bay area and the bass above in the pics sure look like outer bay north shore lunker bass to me ! Spilliard has these dialed in on a few key spots I would guess.:unsure:

Good work spilliard1! And good job remembering to keep the camera facing the open water:p:D.

Jerk bait is right. You have to be willing to put in the time to find them and once you dial it in, it is easy fishing. It is different than fishing the inner bay in early July. You can be off of a spot by 50 feet and not be catching much. Most people who have put in the time to find the rock piles do not like to just give away their spots. I have some spots on the lake that are only 100'x100' in size and are very good for big bass at certain times of the year but it takes effort and time to find these "honey holes".

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks