SM Bass - Sunday, June 26th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I figured I'd try the North Shore off Port Dover this morning. Bad choice! The near shore surface temp was only 60 degrees F. I guess there was a lot of north in yesterday's breeze. To avoid being skunked and catch supper I pointed the boat west and headed for the Inner Bay. We trolled for an hour in 68 degree water after crossing the sand bar and caught 4. I had to tie on an "A.C. Shiner" per Canvasbacksca's recommendation before my wife caught one. We released the biggest and the smallest and headed back. Expensive supper but a lot better than getting skunked. Unfortunately we had to be home by 11:00 am.

Nice supper Arnie. I figured you would try for some Bow's at the elbow or have you given up on offshore fishing at LP.

Brian (Legend Man)

3" A.C Shiner - Silver/Blue. My live-well was full of crayfish parts from holding 4 bass. I imagine that is mainly what they were feeding on.
quote:
Originally posted by canvasbacksca

Expensive supper for sure, DS, but it's one that you can't buy, so enjoy. What size A.C. shiner were you using?

Yeah Brian....I've given up on offshore fishing at LP. I don't mind fishing hard to catch a few but for the past few years chasing walleye and especially bows off the Elbow and Lighthouse has been a total waste of time.
quote:
Originally posted by jumbos

Nice supper Arnie. I figured you would try for some Bow's at the elbow or have you given up on offshore fishing at LP.

Brian (Legend Man)

I guess that all that's left of the deep water fishing at Long Point is our memories. I was lucky to have had a few days when we had coho, chinook, rainbow, laker and walleye (and maybe even the odd smallmouth) all in the same box. That kind of catch was hard to match anywhere else. Now the catch of today, I can match that just about everywhere ...:D

quote:
Originally posted by Duck Soup

Yeah Brian....I've given up on offshore fishing at LP. I don't mind fishing hard to catch a few but for the past few years chasing walleye and especially bows off the Elbow and Lighthouse has been a total waste of time.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks