Fishing Report SM Bass - Inner Long Point Bay - Saturday, Jun 22nd

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Guided my better half this morning. Launched at Port Dover to avoid problems. The fishing was tough with temperatures at 57 F. along the north shore and 68 was the best I could find in the Inner Bay. I failed miserably as a guide....one bite and zero bass for my client.....I had to console her with an ice-cream on the way home. We didn't get skunked and jointly ended up with 7 fish 5 of which were 18 to 20" We kept a 2 pounder for dinner.

Attachments

• Arnold IMG_0443.jpg
    Arnold IMG_0443.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 73
I fished bluff bar 10 hours and got 4 one of which was still full of egged and I can’t remember seeing that before and wonder if that’s part of the problem. Did not see fish under the boat like other years and the ones I did just where not interested

@mudpuppy - thank you for the report. Sounds like a very tough opener this year. Was all set to go to the bluff bar tomorrow, but will target salmon instead. Will wait a week or two for the water to warm up.

Last edited:
Nice looking Bass Arnie- Congrats on your catch. What a beautiful day it was to be out on the water with your BETTER-HALF! Remember this Arnie- A little ice-cream goes a LONG WAY!! Great report as always. Cheers- Walleyeman.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks