SM Bass - Inner Bay - Thursday, Jun 30th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
A quick look at the surface temperature profile of Lake Erie suggested that our best bet this morning would be the Inner Bay. The Canadian side of the Lake was really cold from all those northwesterlies pushing the warm water to the other side. When we exited Turkey Point Harbour around 9:45 am water temps were 58 F. We headed west past EC10 and started fishing in 69-70 degree water. We trolled because the water was flat using Rapalas. In less than an hour we had our count but had released some of the larger fish. We wanted to keep a few today and the breeze had come up so we than switched to drift fishing with Gulp leeches, minnows and crayfish. The bass were only marginally interested in those and we drifted for two additional hours before we had 12 fish in the livewell. Beautiful day!
Albert2Jun3011.jpg

Nicely done Duck and great report as usual. We saw the same temp difference at Bruce; very cold near shore and about 8 degrees warmer 9 miles out. The warm water didn't help us much with the catching of rainbow.

Nice report Duck Soup! We finally got down to the bay today as well and had some great fishing for smallies.

Anything That Swims
Fish em All

Nice smallie Albert has there, hopefully the wind starts from the SW and we get sum of that warm stuff on the Canadian side. I thought you allways came out of Dover?

Brian (Legend Man)

I usually tow the boat to the harbour closest to where I fish. Historically we fished the "Elbow" a lot so I often launched at Port Dover. As most of you know, the Elbow is no longer a destination of choice therefore I estimate using Dover no more than 5 or 6 times this season.
quote:
Originally posted by jumbos

Nice smallie Albert has there, hopefully the wind starts from the SW and we get sum of that warm stuff on the Canadian side. I thought you allways came out of Dover?

Brian (Legend Man)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks