Slow start but a great season!

Jello

With slow migration I was getting a little discouraged for a while but things really picked up around mid November. Had some amazing days out there, flocks of 25-50 Redheads following the line and dumping right into the hook. What a sight!

A year of firsts. After years of getting the odd hen pintail or hen canvasvasback, I finally got a drake of each this year. And nice ones to boot (the Can will be getting mounted). Got into about 10 Canvasvasbacks this season.

Hunted with a great fella named Blair a couple times including this afternoon. He got to watch me fall in the ice water, so I'm sure I'll hear about that for a while. Today we braved the ice and broke our way out in the marsh to bag a limit of mallards and black ducks. What a great end to the season.

Thanks to Randal and Kyle for always being helpful and waiting for my slow ass to finally show up at the office for check in.

Have a great Christmas fellas. See you next season!

On Friday it was breakable ice. 1" thick in some spots, and open in others with flowing water.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks