Skinny Burwell

jammer

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Hit Burwell this am with a friend of mine... Worked the skinny water with short cores and stickbaits, flatline bayrat deep divers and a short wire diver with Bayrat spoons...

We managed a double box in a few hours... Beauty morning...MVIMG_20190701_103414.jpgMVIMG_20190701_071828.jpgMVIMG_20190701_102921.jpgIMG_20190701_151245.jpg

Hi Jammer.
New to this forum and Great Lake walleye fishing. Great morning for you. love the pics.
Followed your update except for the "skinny water" part. Can you explain.
heading out in the morning.
Thanks

Hi Jammer.
New to this forum and Great Lake walleye fishing. Great morning for you. love the pics.
Followed your update except for the "skinny water" part. Can you explain.
heading out in the morning.
Thanks
Under 50'

Hi jammer I have some of those Bayrat lxd deep divers I know they dive to 27 or 28 ft but what do you use for line ie mono or leadcore?and how do you know depth they are going. Thanks

20lb mono... I figure there right around 20' depth 250' behind the board at 2.6 mph...

Still lots of nice fish in the skinny water. Fished Burwell last evening and got 18 nice sized fish all in less than 40 fow, most were in 36 or less. 3 colour leadcore with greasy chicken wing spoon did the best but 5 colour core and flat lined TDD-11's got a few also. Nice not having to run all the long leadcores, riggers, & dipsies if you don't need to.

Still lots of nice fish in the skinny water. Fished Burwell last evening and got 18 nice sized fish all in less than 40 fow, most were in 36 or less. 3 colour leadcore with greasy chicken wing spoon did the best but 5 colour core and flat lined TDD-11's got a few also. Nice not having to run all the long leadcores, riggers, & dipsies if you don't need to.
Are your 3 colors off boards or flatlined?

Skinny water was good again today. Fished 34-36 fow from 3;30 to 5:30 and got our limits on 3 and 5 colour leadcores. Spoons were best, greasy chicken was the most productive. All lines on boards. The fish are only down 20 feet or so and are spooked by the boat so farther away the better.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks