Simcoe whities and laker Friday AM report

icefisherman

What a nice day on the lake today...even a bit windy but almost no slush and definitely no snow left...lot of water draining into the holes though....should make for a nice drive next week when it all freezes.

Started about 8:30...and got a quick laker and missed a whitie....then Rick got his whitie....and we kept marking them but they were not very aggressive...so Rick took the executive decision to move at 10am.....and it was the right decision too....

Found the hungry ones....and finish the double limit quickly and have released many more to swim and get bigger until next time :)

The tech info from the day: 88 fow, 90% of the fish caught on Meegs....few were caught on Williams...

Here is the shot of the day courtesy of Rick's camera...
Finally my fish to look as clean and washed as Ricks ha ha ha 8D

007_1.jpg

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

nice job Emil!!! I am thinking of going back up again next sunday for the day.. I haven't been up since almost 2 weeks ago (when I last replied to your other thread).. was there any pesky perch or herring around?

quote:
Originally posted by naturenut

nice job Emil!!! I am thinking of going back up again next sunday for the day.. I haven't been up since almost 2 weeks ago (when I last replied to your other thread).. was there any pesky perch or herring around?

Nope, no perch/herring...all we've marked and caught today was either whities or lakers...fishing is great lately and it'll only get better between now and the season close.

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Way to go Icefisherman, they look very healthy and plump. I've never had the oportunity to tast either, so my obvious question is... how do they taste??(Besides great)lol How do you cook em' up? [?]

quote:
Originally posted by big guy

Way to go Icefisherman, they look very healthy and plump. I've never had the oportunity to tast either, so my obvious question is... how do they taste??(Besides great)lol How do you cook em' up? [?]

Well they do taste great...best way to cook the whitefish is smoked...really really nice...just finished those in the smoker today and let me tell you.......something out of this world...you can also fry or BBQ them...but I like them the most when smoked.

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks