Silver Bass Windsor and Area

Bassmaster

Hello all :) I know I can catch silver bass down in Dunnville in the spring provided I can get a spot near the dam.

However I have been reading about the massive catches down near Windsor, Lake St Clair and surrounding area.

Just wondering if anybody here knows of shore spots? Don't need the specific location, general locations would suffice.

It's been a loooooooong time since I have a caught a huge pile of silvers :)

Try lakeview park marina in windsor or the marina in belleville, I've heard good things about these places. Its no secret from the local guys so it might be packed in the spring.

Thanks for the info 8D Even if I can't find a spot to fish down in Windsor, I can always consider the trip a "scouting mission" and file stuff for future reference.

That's the way I always look at it too, you don't know unless you try and might even be surprised with the results.

On the topic of silver bass...

The naticoke hydro plant outflow used to be loaded with them. Are they still around there in the spring???

Fisher-Price

quote:
Originally posted by bassaholic

Try lakeview park marina in windsor or the marina in belleville, I've heard good things about these places. Its no secret from the local guys so it might be packed in the spring.

Sorry I meant Belle River marina

quote:
Originally posted by Fisher Price

On the topic of silver bass...

The naticoke hydro plant outflow used to be loaded with them. Are they still around there in the spring???

Fisher-Price

I am not 100% sure, but from what I understand there is no more hot water discharge, and I've heard you're no longer allowed to fish in that spot period..[?] I don't have a boat so as I say not sure.

the last time i ventured out to the outflow at nanticoke for perch and silvers 2yrs ago the water coming out was 2 or 3 degrees colder than the lake. with the non use of the station as it seems the fish have moved on to a different place we fished for about 2 hours and only caught a few perch and smallies no silvers tried everything from minnows on hooks to trolling small cranks and jigging spoons with no success that was in the middle of june which is prime for them. I go for drives with the wife and the lot at hoovers is always almost empty and usually has 30 or so boaters in there all summer long.

keepen'er afloat is always better than sinkin.

The Hydro outflow has been dead since the facility cut back production. No one ventured there last year as the differential temps were not there. I'd love to find them this April. Hydro station will be completely shut down by this summer I am told by our local newspaper.

Thanks for the responses.

That is sad to hear that the outflow no longer holds the big schools of fish. I spent a lot of days out there hammering the silvers and the smallies 15 years ago. It used to be my favorite place as a kid when when my dad took me out. I was hoping it was still the same.... as my 4 year old is taking to the sport. Guess I will have to look for some other locations take her this year.

Cheers,

Fisher-Price

I highly recommend trying between the belle river pier and the ruscom river.
there is a stretch on the ruscom between the train bridge and the mouth of the river that we use to pound silvers.
we would get the big ones on floating jerk baits.
its super shallow so i recommend using a small aluminum to work the area.
stay with in 500 meters of the beach and fish that shore line during the spring, also you will hook into giant channel cats, walleye and musky.
Just try to leave those big girls alone as they are out of season at that time, its just the nature of the beast when your sitting on a school of thousands of baitfish.
hope this helps good luck.

P.S. come spring u can contact me on here and i will get you going in the right direction

quote:
Originally posted by jayway

I highly recommend trying between the belle river pier and the ruscom river.
there is a stretch on the ruscom between the train bridge and the mouth of the river that we use to pound silvers.
we would get the big ones on floating jerk baits.
its super shallow so i recommend using a small aluminum to work the area.
stay with in 500 meters of the beach and fish that shore line during the spring, also you will hook into giant channel cats, walleye and musky.
Just try to leave those big girls alone as they are out of season at that time, its just the nature of the beast when your sitting on a school of thousands of baitfish.
hope this helps good luck.

P.S. come spring u can contact me on here and i will get you going in the right direction

I appreciate the additional 411 8D It'll be about a 3 hr drive for me to get there. I don't have a boat of any sort so I will have to fish strictly from shore. Definetly will drop you a line as the time gets nearer. :D

Fish 1/2 mile north of thr bridge in Windsor,go the first week of May.When the river fills with silvers i leave and fish Erie for the rest of the season.E mail me for a update.Get your minnows at Wallys or Strickly Fishing on Sandwich St.There is free parking also ,its a public park and a steel breakwall where u will be fishing from shore,use two minnows and at least a 1.5 or 2 oz bell sinker.Bring a huge cooler because it is non stop and no limit.Go on Google Maps and look for the parking lot on the riverfront trail,you are fishing directly in front of the parking lot.

Big Rod
<'[[[[[[><
www.bigrodsguideservice.ca

the beauty of that spot is you dont need a boat, you just need to either know somebody who lives on the lake there and fish off there beach or even wade out for 100 meters and u will still be in waist deep water.
if your a bass fisherman u will love it there we use to walk around with a backpack full of plastics and hammer largies all day, its a great way to spend the day fishin.

quote:
Originally posted by jayway

the beauty of that spot is you dont need a boat, you just need to either know somebody who lives on the lake there and fish off there beach or even wade out for 100 meters and u will still be in waist deep water.
if your a bass fisherman u will love it there we use to walk around with a backpack full of plastics and hammer largies all day, its a great way to spend the day fishin.

Great info guys! I'm gonna be checking out those spots in the future, I'll take the 2hr drive any day for good large mouth action Jayway, especially when I don't have to even put gas in the boat to do it:Dthis info right here is why I like this forum so much! Great forum Stomp

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks