Shore fishing ??

Moose519

Hey there fellow fisherman

Me and my family will be vacationing in Long point next week, and from what I have read in the forums I haven't been able to find any shore fishing spots or tips. I only have access to a boat for one morning of fishing and well that's just not enough as seeing ill be there all week. So any spots where we can pull a few bass or pike even perch and crappie will be great.

Matty Moose

Although not local I have seen all sorts of folks fish from the small causeways along the point. I would look at the many shoreline areas with definite weed lines and Lilly pads and wade in and cast for bass/pike. Wear a pair of water shoes to be safe. Stop by one of the tackle shops and ask them. The above answer is not very helpful, might be an attempt at humor, however feeble it may be.

Although not local I have seen all sorts of folks fish from the small causeways along the point. I would look at the many shoreline areas with definite weed lines and Lilly pads and wade in and cast for bass/pike. Wear a pair of water shoes to be safe. Stop by one of the tackle shops and ask them. The above answer is not very helpful, might be an attempt at humor, however feeble it may be.

Good advice, I've rented a boat from old cut livery before $100 I think gets you a day out in a 14ft aluminum with a 9.9hp or 15hp motor. Not a bad deal if you ask me for a good day of fishing and possibly a fish fry:) check out there website for exact info, just google old cut livery long point. Good luck and enjoy your holiday

No attempt at humour, and an honest answer. He's gonna wade the shoreline around the bay with his family? Give me a break. Sure you can fish anywhere there is water, but is there somewhere he and his family can go and CATCH some fish FROM SHORE in LPB?
NOT THAT I KNOW OF.
Your name is dead on. Useless comment. Whats the point?

I think you need a boat unless you're happy with blue gills and rockies off a channel somewhere. It might be worth a call to Channel 6-8 sponsors Sandboy Marina or Blind Expectations Guides. Blind Expectations, @ 5195867560, offer family charters. If you're after the ultimate perch trip, Big Dave will pick you up on the beach and take you to the promised land.

You can even rent from the Old Cut Livery by the hour (I believe it's a 2 hour minimum)....also half day and full day rates there. All the best! Welcome to LPB! :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks