Off Topic Shipwrecks of Long Point

This is nice to see that this video is still around ... That is Dan Lynsays video that was produced in the 90s ... I met Dan at a shipwrecks show in welland and invited him down to my boat as I had amassed a large amount of TD's and GPS of (rishermans hook ups ) to scan and go down and investigate what's on the bottom of the lake ... me and Dan became good friends and dove thease wrecks and John Veber was the still photographer and Dan did the videos . I was the navigation guy at the helm and prop guy in front of the stem whistle ... ships wheels ... capstan... anchors or what we had relocated ... Ray Stuart was also my dive buddie on these wrecks and has since passed (RIP) my good friend. You could not repeat this type of friendship and talent within our group .We did these searches and dives without asking for government assistance fan fair or press . We paid for the gas ... gear .. boats sounders... dive gear ..out of our overtime earnings and weekly paychecks ... there were about 4-5 dive shows we did out st long point ... with Seaview... and Sea Hunters ... some of the best wrecks are at the end of long point and very famous ...here is the wreck of the Atlantic off the light house I went back and scanned this summer .... what great memories from that time ...

Attachments

• 20220805_105118.jpg
    20220805_105118.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 64
Great video , very interesting ! Can’t believe the number of fishing nets hung up on these wrecks .

Great video , very interesting ! Can’t believe the number of fishing nets hung up on these wrecks .
That's what we called FHU ..fishermen's hook up ... I would talk to the guys running the Tugs out of dover and maitland and Stanley ... they would give .e td's or GPS....so when we went down we had a few knives strapped to our vests ...legs...arms ... and went in pairs (Buddy system )... some times entire wrecks were entumed in trawler nets ... it was very dangerous sometimes cutting them off and if the floats were on they could be 50 to 75 feet tall still fishing ... can't count how many Ling cod I cut out of nets ... but we could not believe some of ships we relocated and explored ... closest thing to a time machine to see thease perfectly preserves time capsules....we took pictures and left bubbles they are still there as of today....

This is nice to see that this video is still around ... That is Dan Lynsays video that was produced in the 90s ... I met Dan at a shipwrecks show in welland and invited him down to my boat as I had amassed a large amount of TD's and GPS of (rishermans hook ups ) to scan and go down and investigate what's on the bottom of the lake ... me and Dan became good friends and dove thease wrecks and John Veber was the still photographer and Dan did the videos . I was the navigation guy at the helm and prop guy in front of the stem whistle ... ships wheels ... capstan... anchors or what we had relocated ... Ray Stuart was also my dive buddie on these wrecks and has since passed (RIP) my good friend. You could not repeat this type of friendship and talent within our group .We did these searches and dives without asking for government assistance fan fair or press . We paid for the gas ... gear .. boats sounders... dive gear ..out of our overtime earnings and weekly paychecks ... there were about 4-5 dive shows we did out st long point ... with Seaview... and Sea Hunters ... some of the best wrecks are at the end of long point and very famous ...here is the wreck of the Atlantic off the light house I went back and scanned this summer .... what great memories from that time ...
Great story, sounds like you guys enjoyed some great times. Makes me wish I had never got out of diving

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks