Off Topic Securing your kicker

Zosk

Lost my kicker to some POS the other night. Cut lock and took right out of my driveway. Needless to say more cameras with motion detection are going up and a new fully enclosed fence. How does everyone secure their kickers?

Hmmmm... This is kinda off-topic wrt your question, but I would suggest to watch out for kijiji ads for kicker like yours... You MIGHT be surprised.

Hmmmm... This is kinda off-topic wrt your question, but I would suggest to watch out for kijiji ads for kicker like yours... You MIGHT be surprised.
I agree you should post all info of your kicker here I’m still looking for my atv from Puslinch township moor eyes ? looking on Kijiji for you the better?
I know your gut feeling brutal.
Tight lines?
JJ

I feel your pain. I just purchased a brand new kicker from a member on this site for a substantial amount of money that has now been forfeited to the police when 3 of them showed up at my door. You know who you are and I hope you sleep at night. This is merely getting started. We'll talk soon, don't you worry. Everyone watch out for stolen goods apparently lots are floating around. You made a big mistake there buddy! I suggest you contact me as I know you have my number. I'm expecting my money back.

I feel your pain. I just purchased a brand new kicker from a member on this site for a substantial amount of money that has now been forfeited to the police when 3 of them showed up at my door. You know who you are and I hope you sleep at night. This is merely getting started. We'll talk soon, don't you worry. Everyone watch out for stolen goods apparently lots are floating around. You made a big mistake there buddy! I suggest you contact me as I know you have my number. I'm expecting my money back.
Someone on this site? You should ID who that is so we can all be sure not to buy from them or let @stomp know so he can at least not let him to continue to sell stolen merchandise.

I will call him out once I make contact with this individual if the issue isn't resolved. He's probably read my post already as he's always on here. Waiting on the phone call., trying to keep my cool at this point. You'll be surprised.

I never leave mine attached to the boat. I bring it inside the house everytime I come home, along with my fish finder. They are far to easy to unscrew/cut locks/unhook and run away with.

there are so many low-lifes out there that will steal anything - bolted down or not. best to just make sure you make it as inconvenient as possible for them and then collectively we need shutdown the stolen good sale avenue. If something is up for sale that is too good to be true, it probably isn't.

Lost my kicker to some POS the other night. Cut lock and took right out of my driveway. Needless to say more cameras with motion detection are going up and a new fully enclosed fence. How does everyone secure their kickers?
At the advice if members the details of theft. It was a Tohatsu 6hp sail pro 4 stroke. Think it was a 2018 model year. Stolen in Caledonia.

@Zosk I thought a little bit more about your kicker... A few suggestions, if I may:

1) Please do inform the police and file a report. You need to make sure this gets reported and if found, the people who stole it will bear the consequences. You can be surprised as to what the police sometimes can do.

2) Keep checking kijiji for such motor to show up.

3) Memorize or print out and carry with you the serial number, or whatever uniquely identifies this motor. There are only so many people that would go fishing, so either your motor will show up on kijiji or, eventually, at some marina or a boat launch. And if you just happen to be there...

If I were you, I would call tomorrow or Monday morning to all the major marinas and boat launches within let's say 2 hours drive from where you live, and tell them that whenever they see a boat with that type of kicker... I know these are lots of phone calls but do you see where I am heading with this? Best of luck, I hope you find the POS who stole it.

sorry to hear that @Zosk..hopefully you got it insured with low deductable..I had one stolen years ago locked like you..insurance claim paid..
1590872946243.png
I have this one on my honda OB across the transom clamps for years..its a master brand lock

At the advice if members the details of theft. It was a Tohatsu 6hp sail pro 4 stroke. Think it was a 2018 model year. Stolen in Caledonia.

Sorry to hear about your loss, I have the Fulton Wesbar lock locking my kicker on, as well as its bolded to the kicker plate. Zosk I to live in Caledonia but my boat is at the cottage on Erie, will definitely keep my eyes and ears open.

Cheers Bic

I had a Mariner 8hp chained to an in floor bolt in my garage in London. Came home from moose hunting one year and the engine was gone. Some POS cut the chain with bolt cutters! I guess if someone really wants it they'll get it

I can respect your decision to hold off - until said person makes contact with you to make things right - that being said - he may make things right (now) but in my opinion, he can't undo ALL the damage. I would certainly like to know who I SHOULD NOT do business with. I have no issue buying used gear, and give everyone the benefit of the doubt - but if there is an individual on this site that does that to a fellow member, he doesn't deserve to be on this site and certainly doesn't deserve anyone's business or trust. But again, I respect your decision.

I bought a new Evinrude 15HO last year, and put 2 bolts through transom, one with a security bolt that would require a grinder to remove. When drilling the holes last year I found out that most of my transom between the inboard and outboard aluminum skins resembled wood pudding as opposed to plywood. Currently in the process to replace the plywood in the transom and will likely add a couple more of those security bolts through the transom below the splash well when everything goes back together to make things more difficult to remove when I lose the security key.

th

@Zosk I thought a little bit more about your kicker... A few suggestions, if I may:

1) Please do inform the police and file a report. You need to make sure this gets reported and if found, the people who stole it will bear the consequences. You can be surprised as to what the police sometimes can do.

2) Keep checking kijiji for such motor to show up.

3) Memorize or print out and carry with you the serial number, or whatever uniquely identifies this motor. There are only so many people that would go fishing, so either your motor will show up on kijiji or, eventually, at some marina or a boat launch. And if you just happen to be there...

If I were you, I would call tomorrow or Monday morning to all the major marinas and boat launches within let's say 2 hours drive from where you live, and tell them that whenever they see a boat with that type of kicker... I know these are lots of phone calls but do you see where I am heading with this? Best of luck, I hope you find the POS who stole it.
Thanks. Police report filed already. And i am carrying the serial number. I don't see lots of the Tahatsu’s around but i will definitely be looking. good idea about the marinas ill take that into consideration.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks