Fishing Report Second perching

Ticker

Got out today east side of Erie
Point Abino aria
Good start in the morning than on and off till we called it at 1:00 PM
Beautiful day out today with ligth East breez
2 walleye as bonus let the big girl go invited the little one for dinner for tomorrow

Attachments

• 20190518_162310.jpg
    20190518_162310.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 167
  • 20190518_163440.jpg
    20190518_163440.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 180
I still can't cast that far.:LOL: Send'em this way.

Nice goin ticker were you at same depth as last time

Odd they are that deep already is it not?

I believe the perch stays deep in the winter till water warms up than goes shallow to spawn
Temps yesterday was at 42 F we were getting them in 53'
I think when temperatures reach 48 F they will start to move up shallow water
They were a lot of fish marked yesterday but the bite was very soft and sporadic

Odd they are that deep already is it not?

It's early still. They haven't come in yet. If you have a boat, you should be able to go out and find a school or two between 25-55 ft this time of year before all the walleye show up (so I'm told) but that doesn't mean they'll bite if you do find'em.

Fishing off the pier in Pt Bruce I didn't catch one worth keeping until May 24th last year (the actual day not the assumed long weekend) It's generally late May into June before they come shallow in any numbers and size, and even then it's sporadic, but mid June into July is usually pretty good off the pier but ya gotta be there when they are.

Lots of times over the past couple years I've gotten there early in the morning and some of the other "regulars" haven't gotten much, if anything, and they've given up and left. Couple hours later, it's not quite non stop like it used to be, but it's steady enough to keep you there. Many times the phrase "you should have been here yesterday," has had many on the pier pulling their hair out especially if you missed it yesterday. It's a wonder we're not all bald. :LOL:

It's early still. They haven't come in yet. If you have a boat, you should be able to go out and find a school or two between 25-55 ft this time of year before all the walleye show up (so I'm told) but that doesn't mean they'll bite if you do find'em.

Fishing off the pier in Pt Bruce I didn't catch one worth keeping until May 24th last year (the actual day not the assumed long weekend) It's generally late May into June before they come shallow in any numbers and size, and even then it's sporadic, but mid June into July is usually pretty good off the pier but ya gotta be there when they are.

Lots of times over the past couple years I've gotten there early in the morning and some of the other "regulars" haven't gotten much, if anything, and they've given up and left. Couple hours later, it's not quite non stop like it used to be, but it's steady enough to keep you there. Many times the phrase "you should have been here yesterday," has had many on the pier pulling their hair out especially if you missed it yesterday. It's a wonder we're not all bald. :LOL:
Yessir been there done that

Thx. Ticker give that a try next weekend hopefully

Thx. Ticker give that a try next weekend hopefully
Good luck when you get out @Alby
Word of advice just because there is a bunch of boats in a spot it don't mean they are on fish
I see that a lot of times ,but I do find them not far off the pack
If winds are good I may see you out there ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks