Saturday on the bay

Fish Bones

Hey fellow fish stalkers, Boogeitzsofoo and I hit the bay today with high hopes of a few spring pike, we started out of the old cut and headed to the east wall of little rice. No action there so we drifted over to big rice , we tried along the weeds there with no luck again, we also trolled across big rice no hits there either.....once we got over to the steel wall at millionaire I was sure we would get a hit or two but nope wrong again....we continued east to pottahawk point and still had no fish!! That was it for us, beauty day out there but slow for bites! Ohhh FYI we threw everything but the kitchen sink in out there incase anybody was wondering what wasn't working LMAO! In conclusion..........a slow day fishing still beats a working day!

Now I don't feel so bad for getting skunked today!! Glad to have the company, however I'd have preferred if we could have collectively shared about our successes.

A

We were out today to but when I saw water temps of 38-40 I didn't even cast just went for a quick cruise (had the wife and kid with me) so I didn't want to stay out to long it was getting rough and the water was pretty dirty next weekend the pike are getting it LOL

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods and The Rod Glove for their support

went for a drive on saturday with the family and seen pike inland, quite a few acually, all in the marshes and small streams
not sure if there will be all that many in the bay as they are about to spawn
if you want to get em, try deep in the weeds
back in the "GOOD OL' DAYS" when we could spear pike, they were all in the marshes
If you want to use a boat, try the channels of the "unit" marsh!

when hevi-shot's-a-flyin',alot-a-ducks-a-dyin'

Got the the boat in on Saturday at Old Cut. Tried fishing both Big and Little Rice Bay with no luck either.Great morning just to be out after a long winter.Bonus for me the boat is in the boathouse already to go. May try today if the rain holds in the afternoon.

The meaning of life? FISHING!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks