Off Topic Same address in boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alby

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
does anyone know if you have to be from same address goin out in same boat thx

I have a boathouse , so once I put in ( midweek ) I ‘m good . You guys trailering to where ever , are in for a complete :poop: show if all the new Covid 19 rules are followed . I can just visualize Burwell when the bite is on , or opening of bass season on the bay , I wish you luck and lots of patience !

I don't think so. But you must adhere to the 6ft. distancing on your boat. 2-people max on my 19.5ft. Lund. Stay safe everyone!

Does this 6' rule apply for people who live together?

If I have a 16' boat there is me and my two kids... '6 is impossible. There's no way we aren't allowed in a boat together!!

Guys, while a few cities have some ridiculous bylaws that they’ve cooked up over social distance, they generally apply to parks and green or public spaces owned by the municipalities in question. On Lake Erie for example, a bylaw passed by a local town generally wouldn’t apply once you’ve left the dock. This is why firearms discharge bylaws are typically to the high water mark. Most towns and cities don’t have bylaws related to distancing. The emergency act currently in place doesn’t specify any requirement to stay 6 feet away from others. You just can’t gather in groups of more than 5. Social distancing is not provincial law. It is however a strong public health recommendation. The Police aren’t going to be at boat ramps checking drivers licenses. And I’m not talking out my ass. I took vacation this weekend and will be fishing all weekend with a buddy that doesn’t live with me, and we’ll be in the same boat. I would not however fill my boat with 3 other guys and go fishing, not because it’s illegal (where I’m fishing) but because it would only attract the kind of attention that will get ramps closed again. You can believe me, don’t believe me... either way I’ve presented the facts as they sit in Ontario today. Govern yourselves according to your own thoughts on the matter.

Before anyone goes off the deep end and starts calling the police over social distancing or people from going out from different address's these are recommendations not laws. As long as the group is under 5 people no laws have been broken. Police services do not need the extra hassle.

Before anyone goes off the deep end and starts calling the police over social distancing or people from going out from different address's these are recommendations not laws. As long as the group is under 5 people no laws have been broken. Police services do not need the extra hassle.

Oh goodie, my neighbour will be thrilled he doesn't have to change his address to fish this year. ;):D:LOL::ROFLMAO:

I work in a small tool and die shop and sence this crap all started our work load has doubled because nothing is going to China which is great for Canada but my point is I spend more time with them then family said to say why can't they fish with me.we all have a letter from our work stating that we work together if where out of the shop and on a job site should work in a boat to right

Your absolutley right bassaholic... OPP & MNR will be out checking everything..
Last season on a few of the weekends leaving Erieau boat launch out of town ..creative road blocks setup with OPP & MNR enforcement...checking everything..
play it safe & have everything in order..nobody i know wants a big fat fine..

Do the right thing and keep the fishing to a family affair or go solo for the time being. If ppl don’t comply they may reverse there decisions! It will only take a couple Shi$&eads to mess this up for all... It scares me when Doug says use your best judgment! Fingers crossed that the ones that play this weekend will practice social distance!
stay safe 68 ers.

I don't think so. But you must adhere to the 6ft. distancing on your boat. 2-people max on my 19.5ft. Lund. Stay safe everyone!
same address is still the rule till June 2 unless the state of emergency gets extended past that date as a charter guy i will not be doing any until we the go ahead from the Ontario sportfishing guides association.

Last edited:
Do the right thing and keep the fishing to a family affair or go solo for the time being. If ppl don’t comply they may reverse there decisions! It will only take a couple Shi$&eads to mess this up for all... It scares me when Doug says use your best judgment! Fingers crossed that the ones that play this weekend will practice social distance!
stay safe 68 ers.
Or better yet just use common sense.....

I agree with all the responses, use your common sense,, 1. go with family or household people 2. respect the other people at launch with proper distancing 3. if you must go with a friend, drive in separate vehicles and stay 6 feet apart in boat 4. fish like hell and make up lies!!!!!
I will stay away this weekend and probably go next wednesday or thursday,,,, be safe and be smart on the water, have all your safety gear ready...cheers...

I agree with all the responses, use your common sense,, 1. go with family or household people 2. respect the other people at launch with proper distancing 3. if you must go with a friend, drive in separate vehicles and stay 6 feet apart in boat 4. fish like hell and make up lies!!!!!
I will stay away this weekend and probably go next wednesday or thursday,,,, be safe and be smart on the water, have all your safety gear ready...cheers...
with Saturday being the only good weather day for next 5 days boat ramps will be a BIG SHIT SHOW tommorow

Last I checked the Provincial Emergency Act is still in place and they were going to extend it into June. So any Rules such as Social Distancing, group gatherings etc. still apply. Ridiculous as you may think ; I for one will not be a test case in the courts. As for municipalities having jurisdiction beyond the shoreline ? Yes ; their borders can extend out into bodies of water. The question about family in the same boat ? If they all live at the same address ie; bubble then what's different from riding in the same car ? No rule broken. Two guys different addresses in a boat following Social Distance Rule … again no rule broken.
As for no law enforcement ? Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Long weekend plus lots of cars plus lots of boats plus the reopening of officially closed sites . Are you kidding me ?

I hope everyone has a safe/sane weekend ! Saturday's wind for Long Point looks like East at 15 km approx. but Sunday worse 40 gusting to 50 km approx. and water temperature approx. 6 degrees C.

Thanks Darryl ! I was wrong about boat buddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks