Rubber Replacement Net?

SilverTip49

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I need to replace the netting in my landing net. The rubber netting I have now works okay for walleye, but cost me several steelhead as they are able to jump out of it. What is great about it is, hooks don’t get caught in the mesh. So I need a deeper rubber or no tangle net. Any suggestions?
Thanks for the help.

You might try Angling Sports in London, I got mine there but it is also shallow not sure if they can get deeper one's or not

Despite much advertising, there is no such thing as a tangle free net. The least tangle free net are the thick rubber ones. However these are always shallow and usually not to big. The best net I’ve had is a beckmans for size and depth while minimizing tangles (but they still do happen), but the price tag isn’t cheap.

Lazywave do you use the coated nylon or the rubber net?
I use the coated nylon just cause the rubber wasn’t big enough for my liking. Once you lose a monster fish due to having too small of a net you don’t make that mistake twice. The large beck man handles Muskie, large pike, Lakers and salmon with easy while still working fine on walleye (although sometimes it seems like overkill). I also love the long length of the net for the easy of netting fish on dipsys

Just carry 2 nets. I do. Bought one of those extending nets . And one my Dad had from years ago.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks