Rouladen

Mrs. Stomp

Staff member
It’s been >10 years since I’ve made rouladen and it landed on this week’s menu at @stomp’s request. I remember being able to find thinly sliced beef in the grocery store that was actually called rouladen. The butcher suggested I use round sandwich steak for it and that you don't see meat labelled as rouladen anymore. I made @Way She Goes Sausage and Sauerkraut skillet (without the sausage) and it went well with the rouladen. I’ll have to make it more frequently cuz I’ll be really old if I wait another 10 years for my next go at it. The Sauerkraut skillet has red swiss chard - was delicious and took a nice picture. The rouladen was not so pretty in pic but tasted as good as I remember.Sauerkraut skillet.jpg

Here's a recipe for spicing roulade salt, mixed freshly ground pepper, allspice and freshly ground cloves. I think it is the best.
Note: heavy on the allspice
Also helps with the roll if you know the butchers knot.
OH, convection roast covered, at 260 till 135 internal temp, then uncover and finish to 145- 150 at 350 f.

Here's a recipe for spicing roulade salt, mixed freshly ground pepper, allspice and freshly ground cloves. I think it is the best.
Note: heavy on the allspice
Also helps with the roll if you know the butchers knot.
OH, convection roast covered, at 260 till 135 internal temp, then uncover and finish to 145- 150 at 350 f.
I gotta learn the butchers knot... would be faster than 3 ties per roll and good for other uses. I like the allspice/cloves idea.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks