Off Topic Rod Storage for truck beds

vmuravin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
This may sound like a funny/stupid question but I think it's not once you think through.... Is there such a thing as a rod rack/storage I could use in the truck's bed? I mean, I have a mix of rigger / dipsy / wire dipsy / leadcore / weighted steel rods that reside on the bed in a rod storage cases of rod sacks. Would like to have a more organized way to just "insert them" into some sort of rod holders like these plastic/foam holders so would like to know if anyone uses anything like this? A few links are just for illustration.

TIA

That is just an image I found quickly I thought would be pretty easy to make. 30 mins with a jig saw and you’d have one made.

I can CNC cut 48” (assuming you have a full size truck) worth of a pattern like this and powder coat it fairly easily too. Steel or aluminum would work equally well. You would only need to cut a couple 2x4’s the appropriate width for your truck and fasten them to it. You might even be able to make one left handed 😂

Attachments

• C027895E-D27F-4A5E-9CEF-AFB4A10D00CC.jpeg
    C027895E-D27F-4A5E-9CEF-AFB4A10D00CC.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 10
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks