Robin

GPS

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Not sure if this is good news or bad but we just had a robin at our feeder. It either forgot to go south or is early back.

It doesn't surprise me I've seen it before that some tend to stick around longer when winter temps are mild like we're having so far. Don't worry when his built in mechanism tells him it's going down into the minus temps for the rest of the winter he'll be on his way in a hurry. :)

We have a dozen or more here, hanging around the purple berries on what I call hawthorns, (underbrush)? Saw the same last yr, sorry, can't say when they left or if they did?

Lots down here, they will switch to berries and seeds.As long as there is food and some shelter from the wind they will stay.#colchester

I had a heron fly across the hwy in front me today between Milton and Guelph. Don't imagine it will survive this weekend.

Had a similar experience years ago up in North Bay. A young heron was out in a pond behind my hotel long after it should have been gone. Stiff as a board the following morning.

It doesn't surprise me I've seen it before that some tend to stick around longer when winter temps are mild like we're having so far. Don't worry when his built in mechanism tells him it's going down into the minus temps for the rest of the winter he'll be on his way in a hurry. :)
its not the temps that make them go south my friend.its the food source that causes it

its not the temps that make them go south my friend.its the food source that causes it

I realize that dave w... the food source dries up in a hurry when it gets into frigid winter conditions then they wing it south. :) But I head south for the sun. (y):cool:

Update, mine is still here, see it every day in our large flowering pear tree. It is eating the tiny pea sized pears that are still on the tree.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks