River Canard

Bunk

Good afternoon everyone!

First timer here for myself and my son! We're hoping to get on the River Canard down by lasalle area in Windsor Essex area. I saw that there's a canoe rental spot and the water looks very tempting to start out our rookie fishing experience!
I saw that there's crappie, panfish, bass, pike, perch, walleye there. I am hoping to see if its okay to start fishing that river? Aiming for Crappie but might try pike and perch.

Any tips for a old man and his son first season going out fishing?

Thanks!

Lol yup I’ve got a tip.. find somewhere else to fish. River canard has some carp and a few catfish in it.. maybe a few bass. I grew up near that river,,, your much much better off going fishing at the lasalle docks for perch, near Amherst burg for perch(I know they are getting some that way right now) or downtown Windsor casting for walleyes.I don’t want to come off harsh,, but if you got your info from the canoe rental guy,,, he’s trying too make a buck! Much much better places to fish in that area.. go to strictly fishing and ask chuck if he’s got any suggestions.

Thank you for the tip! I rather have honestly than stand by the water and get skunked LOL

Hows Big Creek area? Thats just pass amherst burg.

Also I was hoping to go up near Tilbury and try Jeannette creek and thames. Is that area open for fishing by the marina? The part thats closed is by chatham right?

Thanks again for your response! I do appreciate the help

Good afternoon everyone!

First timer here for myself and my son! We're hoping to get on the River Canard down by lasalle area in Windsor Essex area. I saw that there's a canoe rental spot and the water looks very tempting to start out our rookie fishing experience!
I saw that there's crappie, panfish, bass, pike, perch, walleye there. I am hoping to see if its okay to start fishing that river? Aiming for Crappie but might try pike and perch.

Any tips for a old man and his son first season going out fishing?

Thanks!
I have no advice for that area but welcome aboard i hope yous enjoy fishing as much as the rest of the members good luck

Big creek is the same deal,, carp and catfish, janettes creek and the Thames river have some good fishing. A lot of that area is private property have to be careful where you go., but there are spots. Lasalle is good for perch,, Windsor riverfront can be great for walleye(YouTube, search for buck fishes,, he smacks them downtown Windsor) the silver bass run is when you want a novice fishing on the river,, couple minnows on hooks and you can beat up those fish all day!

Thames river is closed right now east of Kiel drive in Chatham.

How old is your boy? How much actual fishing experience do you and him actually have? What type of equipment do you own!?

Thank you for the welcome to the forums!

My son is 7. We purchased fishing poles about two years ago but only went maybe 2-3 times a year before if that.
This year though we want to get into it more!
My knowledge on fishing is rookie like as I just caught my first fish two years ago lol. Only one but my son has 3 crappie under his belt already.. lol

We own two spinning reel and rod combos.

Quantum Optix Spinning Combo, 6-ft 6-in, Medium​

Rapala Army Medium Spinning Combo, 6.6-ft​

I will check out those youtube videos and channels for fishing in Windsor.

Silver bass run! Is this the migration that flows through Detroit River that i keep hearing about?

We went to the bridge off of lasalle and the river canard, the mouth to the detroit river. Theres a little creek behind that where we caught 7 fish today!! 5 crappie, 1 small mouth bass, 1 perch. all catch and released.

We went to Canadian tire the day before and kinda spent alittle money on bait lol. These pink panfish nibbles from berkley power bait seem to be the key today on our little jigs!

Well we hit the jackpot it felt like! LOL
11 inch crappie caught today! Never caught anything this big! Was able to catch 6 today. 3 crappies,1 bass, 1 sunfish and 1 bluegill. That spot is killer! Was using a small green jig head with some pink panfish nibbles from berkley power bait.

FPYAsjQXIAEKV2n

Absolutely fantastic that you got out with your boy, even better that you got on the fish. Congratulations

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks