River Bass!!

andrewm

Excellent day today! Decided to stay closer to home and hit one of the local rivers with my son. Last time down to Erie the lake was rolling a bit and the little guy was turning green after about 20-minutes - didn't want a repeat of that.

Got going a litte bit later than usual, and with the water as low as it is I was a bit scpetical. Turned out to be an AWESOME day. With all the growth and weeds in the river the usual presentations were a bit tricker, but still worked. Ended the day with 43 smallies, and probably that many more rock bass / chub, etc.

Smallmouth1.jpg

Smallmouth2.jpg

Kept a few this time for the barbeque... yes, the little one is a rock bass... don't ask, I was with a 7-year old. LOL!!

e05e4034.jpg

Good job on the smallies! :p No worries about the rock bass 8D I'm a grown man as well and every once in awhile I specifically target them for a meal!

River fishing is my favorite by far!!Your son must have had a blast catching bass and seeing them break water!!What a rush it is when the bass fishing is as good as you guys had it!! Way to go Andrew!!

My favourite type of fishing. All you need are hooks and an old pair of running shoes. The kids keep themselves busy catching crayfish frogs, etc. Good job.

Yeah, he had a blast! Mwe fish this river a lot and always do well - and the bass always put on a show. Quite often will become completely airborne. When my son was maybe 4 years old pulled out an 18" smallies by himself using an ice fishing rod.

Yesterday his rod broke hauling in a nive fish - was quite upset sine it was one he bought himself from Bass Pro. Took him out today to buy a new one - back to the river in the morning to test it out.

Nice smallies!! Nothing like watching them get airborne outta the water, always a great fish to fight in my mind. 43 is an awesome total for the day, I'm jealous:D

43 was very impressive for this time of year. Not all were the size of those in the picture. Some as small as 6" took a #3 Mepps. Quite a few around 12". Quite a lot were over 15" though. Very healthy population.

Very nice Andrew. I had the grandchildren out this morning and a little more action would have been good. 43 would have been awesome.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks