River Bass 2...

andrewm

Spent the day at the river again today - we tend to fish there a lot. Switched it up a bit; we always see big carp swimming around, and lots of them. My son always asks if we can catch them, so today we brought along some worms and corn and set up in a popular carp hangout. Within just a few minutes, rod goes down, I grab it and the fish starts just scraming off line. Ends up way down the river so I tightened the drab a bit and fought the fish - until the line snapped. Tried again for quite a while but mostly just ended up feeding them worms and corn.

Anyway, despite being side-tracked for 2 or 3 hours with the carp we ended the day at 38 smallmouth, 15 rock bass, 1 sucker and a clam.

Smallies ranged in size from this whopper of a fish:

SmallBass.jpg

to this beautiful specimen:

BigBass.jpg

Another great day! Gotta figure out a better way of catching those carp though. Sure was fun fighting that one before the line broke, but was incredibly boring waiting... especially knowing there were more smallmouth further down river!

Once upon a time I fished for carp with the kids below Misner's Dam. It must have been a while ago because the grandchildren are now as old as the kids were. Anyway, they bit best in the evening on doe balls made with corn meal, flour and a touch of vanilla. Break offs were normal if you are unable or unwilling to follow them downstream.
Great catch on the River even though the big carp got away.

Wow andrewm sounds like another great day of fishing with yer boy! I would keep that spot a secret if I was you:D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks