Ripplin Red Fins

King Joe

So, seeing a lot of mention of 'these' and it peaked my interest. Shallow diving (~3' deep) body baits. Nice. How are you guys fishing them? As a yak fisher the fishes by paddle power only (i.e. no pedal and no motor except 'these' <he says, flexing his biceps>...hah), always looking for slow troll lures that DON'T require downriggers (too cumbersome on a yak) or dipseys (too much drag...too much work to maintain speed). I do use jets, torpedos and banana weights and do troll spoons for walleye, trout and salmon.
Also then, what speed are you running them? I won't have speed at depth but do have surface speed on my finder.

King Joe Outa Here!

At this time of year the fish are shallow over deep water. .deep bandits and tail dancers flat lined about 100 ft is what I'd do..the other experts will chime in with there thoughts, follow them..

At this time of year the fish are shallow over deep water. .deep bandits and tail dancers flat lined about 100 ft is what I'd do..the other experts will chime in with there thoughts, follow them..
Thanks both TIckville and Dewworm. I am very successful with what I do now (harnesses and spoons...sometimes deep divers)....just wanted to try RRFs as I am reading here that many use them.

King Joe Outa Here!

Thanks both TIckville and Dewworm. I am very successful with what I do now (harnesses and spoons...sometimes deep divers)....just wanted to try RRFs as I am reading here that many use them.

King Joe Outa Here!
On erie and lake O ...I've run ripplin redfins ....on everything from leadcore, flatline, dipsy, riggers and 2 oz inline weights ....at 2 -3.5 mph

In northern Ontario I have flatline them and bottom bouncer at .8 -1.5 mph for pike and walleye....

So as long as you keep moving I think they will work fine .....just get them into the strike zone

I would use bandits 27 ft works vary good no wait braid line .... simple

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks