Off Topic Retirement

all kidding aside Bob, its twelve years. took up some activities (because I could/wanted to). taught myself how to play guitar, not to bad a pool player, fished when I could, may not sound like a lot but it passes the time (y)
Wow 12 years now that's wonderful Gord I'm just beginning my 17th year, how time flies eh. I think it's great you taught yourself to play a guitar and I'm glad you're enjoying retirement like the rest of us. Do you play a tune for the boys on the pier while waiting for the next perch bite? ? You could always pull out a 4x8 sheet of plywood like good ole' "Stompin' Tom" Conners and get the boys right into it. Hey who knows it just may turn the perch into a feeding frenzy. ?:giggle:

Wow 12 years now that's wonderful Gord I'm just beginning my 17th year, how time flies eh. I think it's great you taught yourself to play a guitar and I'm glad you're enjoying retirement like the rest of us. Do you play a tune for the boys on the pier while waiting for the next perch bite? ? You could always pull out a 4x8 sheet of plywood like good ole' "Stompin' Tom" Conners and get the boys right into it. Hey who knows it just may turn the perch into a feeding frenzy. ?:giggle:
Boy I saw stomping Tom perform a few years before he past man he shredded that board by the end of his show. Great memories ?
JJ

@stomp: Where is Tillsonburg located in Ontario CAN'T find on the map i have?? Did you pick the tobacco plant, behind the horse or on a machine ?? Did you help write yhe song ?? WOW you are old !!! hahahaha

@stomp: Where is Tillsonburg located in Ontario CAN'T find on the map i have?? Did you pick the tobacco plant, behind the horse or on a machine ?? Did you help write yhe song ?? WOW you are old !!! hahahaha
9 years on a machine @Red Fisher , but my Pappy and Grandpappy picked it with horse and boat. "When he said bend over I was ready to leave... in Tillsonburg"

Last edited:
@stomp . Good on you lot of young one,s wouldn't make it that long !! Was the machine one man or the five man ? I was behind Mary, she went to the barn daily, now couldn't even think about one round.. The good old days.....

@stomp . Good on you lot of young one,s wouldn't make it that long !! Was the machine one man or the five man ? I was behind Mary, she went to the barn daily, now couldn't even think about one round.. The good old days.....
3 man machines usually @Red Fisher .... Hahn Hi-Horse?. Sometimes worked on a 5 man. Even used the dreaded double-baskets for a brief stint. You worked behind a horse? Damn, you are old!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks