Resident Cormorants Now

Edmcl

Back in January I was down at the Bayfront in Hamilton working on a job and I thought I saw about a dozen cormorants out on a boom by the harbour and i thought i was mistaken as i have never seen them here in the mid of winter. But low and behold i was down that same stretch yesterday and look …. I wasn't seeing things they are here now in the winter as southern Ontario is lacking cold and snow fall has been minimal . I did a read on these birds that should have had been culled a long time ago ( just my Thoughts )…to see the read here is the url… I think we have resident Cormorants now ..They Use to Migrate south ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cormorant

Resized_20200221_104044.jpeg
Resized_20200221_104039.jpeg
Resized_20200221_104102.jpeg

Last edited:
you ought to see the size of the flocks that make Hamilton harbour their home---have watched flocks numbering in the hundreds? move from one area to another.

I may be off my actual number but not too far---- I hope

I'm not sure why the MNR is dragging there feet on putting a open season on these destructive birds as they have killed acres of islands land with the methane from there droppings . Doug Ford stuck hid nose in last year and the hunt was called off ….. hummmm … wonder if they invaded his cottage land and or waterfront property how soon he would change his tune …. Where are the Perch????

Would also suggest a cull on Robins as well, just consider the all the worm's they eat that should be in fishermen,s bait box's??

Would also suggest a cull on Robins as well, just consider the all the worm's they eat that should be in fishermen,s bait box's??

No, I'm ok with that, but when they poop on my patio furniture.......... they got to go. ? :poop:?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks