Report for Saturday

Walleye

Hi all.
My buddy Steve and I hit the Old Cut at 15:00 with a scoop of Jimmy's finest. We went straight out to where I usualy go. The GPS was acting up so I couldn't get there exactly. 3/4 mile west of EC-10. We set up in 7 feet with Bobbers. We kept 2 and threw back about 20 and the bite was light/lite. We left at 16:00 and came in close Five feet. Bobbers weren't working so we dead sticked. Nothing. We attempted the GPS again but no. We ended up very close to the first spot but a little closer to EC-10 and same depth, 7 feet. At 16:15 the bite came on but not strong, more steady. We kept ten, ten inchers. We would have kept more fish but realised we were lazy.
We left the Bay at 17:35 and caught at least 100 fish.
The dead stick was what worked and it worked well.
A good day by me.
Cheers, Clark

That's the 1st I've heard of "dead stick" ...what would that be? Thanks, (learn something new every year!) Fishstalker

Thanks Walleye for the update.Too bad the Fishing was Slow,but at least you & your Buddy Steve got into some fish.Yesterday,I ended up going to the Proctor Marine Open House,and then to the Annual General Meeting of the Long Point Bay Anglers`(which I am a Member of for many years`),this meeting was held at the Travelodge in Simcoe.There were some great speakers` there,and it was great to have met some of the members`of the Club,including Ducksoup.The Pike & Perch fishing seems like it has not been good yet,due likely because of the cold water temperature still in the Bay,from what I have read & heard from other Anglers`like yourselve,that have been trying their luck,it will only be a matter of time,when the Bite will pick up.;),I am looking forward on getting out on the Bay myself.All the Best to you & other Anglers`,during the Soft Water Season.8D

RED FISH

Hi all.
fishstalker. Dead sticking is just laying your rod down, not holding it and watching for the bite. You can use any tackle you like but in my case either a pickeral rig with small hooks or a Dubuque Rig which is a Jig on bottom and then a snell about 6 inches above that. Works well on the Bay.
Cheers, Clark

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks