Off Topic Replacing Foam in bottom of boat

MPS

I bought a boat, and found that the foam was waterlogged. Ripped it all out, and ready to replace. Anyone know where I can purchase some replacement? Everything I have read says I am looking for closed cell polyurethane foam, but having a hard time sourcing it.

thanks in advance.

Maybe one of the spray foam insulation guys? Not cheap but they told me their stuff won't absorb water
and they do it every day. Canuck tyre / Home despot may sell a kit for home insulation. You'd have to double check it's what you want , cause as wife points out I am frequently wrong.

You SHOULD NOT use a spray foam insulation. What you need is the 2 part expansion foam, which is closed cell, and also provides hull rigidity due to it's structure. It's also less reactive to fuel and solvents (gas tank area). A quick online search of 2 part expansion foam for boats will get you what you need. It's expensive, and you have to do it within a certain temperature range.

Ran into waterlogged foam when I replace the floor in my boat.
Just used a hand saw to cut off excess. I ran flexible conduit lines first to the bow and side console. Besides the new electrical I left 30lb mono to pull any new or after thought electrics.

I'd suggest finding the source of the water, (leak) before re-doing the foam.

I had used the 2 part foam
works very well
I had purchased mine at Proctor Marine in Simcoe
You might have to order it

Is not chip. I used time ago very good material.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks