regs on limits

erie feeln

was fishing burwell on friday and over and over there was a guy wanting to know how many rainbow you are allowed.im a pissed fisherman when guys like this dont know.read your regs before you come out.Free fishing has to stop this is what we get.Hundreds of dollars are to be for our fisheries,hateries and clen up,where is it really going .lake ontario is being stocked[xx(][xx(]Erie gets nothing[V][V]on ontario side.all of us need to put a push on for erie.where can i sign up.ofah are you involved????

Maybe you should run for office then you can change the laws to suit your views. lol,lol

Zone J council meetings should be set up soon, and that would be a good place to have your voice heard. Maybe they will lower the lake limit to 2 for bows, like they are trying to do on Lake Ontario.

2011_june8kitty1.jpg

I agre with erie feeling all the stocking is going to lake O,what about Erie,when Normandale is ready ,they are going to raise Atlantics for Lake O,seems a little one sided to me[xx(]

The thing is if they lower the limit on the bows you will find more of them floating around dead. I no myself when pulling a bow or a walleye up from some deep parts of the lake they pretty much are done and have little life left. We have been releasing some bows and finding they come up floating then we circle back around to pick them up. There are alot of bows in Erie so I can't see the limits changing anytime soon. That's my two cents for what it worth.

We have had outstanding fishing in Lake Erie the last few years. As Canvasbackca pointed out recently, there is really no other place a person can live and have this quality of fishery within a day's drive. Putting more of anything into Lake Erie is not a good use of the very limited money available when there are so many other places competing for the same dollars. Just my honest opinion.

I should add that folks should know the limits before they wet their line. Particularly if they are targeting that species. I can sort of understand if they are experiencing an incidental catch but really they still should know. It is their responsibility if they are going to go fishing.

Paul

Feeln, are you suggesting they should cancel the free fishing week because one guy didn't know what his limit on rainbows was? Just because a guy who goes fishing once a year didn't read through the 500 pages of regulations and the 7000 exceptions to every rule.

Instead of trying to cancel an excellent way of promoting our sport, why lobby for more straightforward regs and educate new fishermen?

quote:
Originally posted by quinner01

Zone J council meetings should be set up soon, and that would be a good place to have your voice heard. Maybe they will lower the lake limit to 2 for bows, like they are trying to do on Lake Ontario.

2011_june8kitty1.jpg

wats zone j mabey 206 or 203

sport limit is 5 per person. conservation limit is 2. Had to answer the guys question . Sometimes I'm concerned about the tone of some of the responses on this forum . This has usually been a great source of fishing info especially for guys like me who cant be on the water everyday and just want to stay up to speed on where the action is . Keep well, Real Therapy

quote:
Originally posted by erie feeln

was fishing burwell on friday and over and over there was a guy wanting to know how many rainbow you are allowed.im a pissed fisherman when guys like this dont know.read your regs before you come out.Free fishing has to stop this is what we get.Hundreds of dollars are to be for our fisheries,hateries and clen up,where is it really going .lake ontario is being stocked[xx(][xx(]Erie gets nothing[V][V]on ontario side.all of us need to put a push on for erie.where can i sign up.ofah are you involved????

let me get this straight. you stated that the guy asked about limits multiple times which would suggest he didnt get an answer the first time. why not help out the "noob" and educate him?

the point of the free fishing week is to get more people out on the water to try out fishing. more people fishing means more money going towards hatcheries, enforcement, etc in the future. suggesting that we put an end to the free fishing week is like saying you don't want more people to join us on the water. the same people that will possibly buy licenses in the future which will support the issues you're concerned about.

sometimes you need to step back and look at the big picture...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks