red warning light comes on ocassionally 1987 70etlh

Znebel

any idea why light on dash would come on. p.s. there is plenty of oil in the oil injection tank.
sometimes green and red light on at the same time.

Red light on dashboard is never a good thing !
Usually means "Danger" or "This is gonna cost you !"
Thirstystone's advice is on the right track and could explain why you have lots of oil in tank because it isn't using it at prescribed rate. Works fine at slow speed but not when you throttle up ?

Red light on dashboard is never a good thing !
Usually means "Danger" or "This is gonna cost you !"
Thirstystone's advice is on the right track and could explain why you have lots of oil in tank because it isn't using it at prescribed rate. Works fine at slow speed but not when you throttle up ?
no works fine a high speeds, comes in when trolling after 20 mins

Biddles in St. Williams or Jones Marine in Tilsonburg and of course Proctors in Simcoe ?

Can you remove the oil tank and check to make sure there isn't a piece of crud blocking the intake orfice ?
Double check the wiring for frayed spots or loose connections ? Sometimes it's the simplest of things. LoL !

Biddles in St. Williams or Jones Marine in Tilsonburg and of course Proctors in Simcoe ?

Can you remove the oil tank and check to make sure there isn't a piece of crud blocking the intake orfice ?
Double check the wiring for frayed spots or loose connections ? Sometimes it's the simplest of things. LoL !
if you remove the oil tank. how do you bleed the system when installing oil tank back.

Beats me ! I was thinking a piece of crud was blocking oil flow into the pick up port inside of tank. Had this happen on fuel tanks that's why I mentioned it. As for bleeding the system ? Unless the crud is up inside the pump maybe blow air back through system ? I am not a marine mechanic by any means but this is what I would do before paying out cash. Start with the smallest stupidest thing and work your way up ? Always seemed to save me money... jus t saying. If it's a computer glitch then God help ya ! LoL !

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks