Red Hot 🔥 Walleye

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
As in Frank's Red Hot 🔥 Sauce... Mrs. Stomp and I were treated to an outdoors socially-distantwalleye dinner expertly prepared by the @crappiequeen and @Mickey Finn . The walleye was coated and smothered in Frank's Red Hot. Tasted like Buffalo Wings by but without the bone! Loved it! Hopefully they will share the recipe.20201023_183825.jpg

Last edited:
No meal is set without Frank's at our house. Hoping you can share the recipe with us.

Frank's isn't super hot @cmac.. cayenne , vinegar, water, salt garlic... Perfect for Buffalo Wings IMHO
Frank's isn't super hot?... so the glass of water isn't to put the fire out? I guess being a guy that can eat the hottest Indian food made Frank's would be considered on the mild side. ;) 😁

Yes, @Wave Runner , using Indian food as a yardstick, I think Frank's measures up as mild. I can't take much of the hottest Indian dishes like Vindaloo. That's the stuff @Three Bouys wants at the Indian restaurant. I need a lot of Naan, rice and a beer chaser on standby when eating the hotter Indian dishes and, well, sometimes it burns twice!

"Sometimes it burns twice"...lol...not really. Was in Louisiana for the Mardi Gras and ate at a Ma & Pa B & B. where we stayed. I ordered up this one dish which was crazy good (love spicy food) and they called it "Mount Pinatubo"...yup...didn't pick up on that right away. Everything in the dish was...RED! Asked for a pitcher of ice water but they recommended milk... I took the water, tough guy, right? Wrong choice! Apparently, the milk neutralizes the jalapeno oils so the next day is...comfortable. Not keen on having milk with my spicy meals however sure beats running around the woods the next day squealing like a wounded elk!
Lesson learned...the milk works.
Something to keep in mind when enjoying Vindaloo.

Sorry guys...
For some reason I did not see this earlier.
The Frank's walleye recipe is as simple as it gets.
Cut the walleye fillets into smaller pieces...Toss into a freezer bag with Franks.
Coat them in flour and cook for 3 mins a side on medium high heat in a frying pan with 1 -2 tblespoons of olive oil.

The little red potatoes were coated with a total of about 16 herbs & spices baked at 475 for 20 - 30 mins.

The acorn squash was hollowed out & filled with with a mixture of maple syrup (home grown), balsamic vinegar & lemon juice and baked at 400 for 40 mins.

I don't have the exact recipe for the potatoes or squash handy, but if anybody wants them just let me know.

My kids will only eat perch if I throw it in a Buffalo wing sauce. Butter, hot sauce and a little olive oil.

Did some Perch tonight dipped in Franks hot sauce them into fine bread crumbs. 1 1/2 minutes in the deep fryer @ 350. WOW, thanks for the idea.

Thanks for the recipe. Always nice to try something new that comes recommended.

Thawed a treasured packet of Walleye and tried the hot sauce Walleye tonight.

I really liked it, The Wife wasn't interested, so she had hers as per usual. (I tease her that she thinks oatmeal is spicy.)

I felt the Walleye taste was still good, left me with a little spice tingle after eating. Always like that.

Didn't use flour, I used "Taylor's One-Step" that stuff is really popular with our family.

There were 4 bottles of Hot Sauce in the fridge, 3 I had never heard of before (daughter's) and Franks original.

Frank's it was, low heat and high sodium. Sheesh :rolleyes:

Probably go with Sriracha next time.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks