readers vs typers

dickie

Take a look at the topics. then look at how many readers and how many replies. WHY?

Dick Saarloos

I follow threads that interest me. I'll sometimes look at a thread several times a day. I haven't fished all year due to time constraints and employment issues. My way of keeping my finger on the pulse of the sport.

Thanks for posting guys. great reading and I'll be back in the game in the New Year

quote:
Originally posted by dickie

Take a look at the topics. then look at how many readers and how many replies. WHY?

Dick Saarloos

What's you're point? I read and follow many of the topics and respond if I have something to say.

Wojo

It's because there are a lot of board trollers that frequent fishing sites for no reason but to leech whatever information they can.....this is why it's a good idea to think hard about what kind of info you share on an open forum. Some fisheries are more susceptible to added and more concentrated pressure than others......

Josh

I'm on board with Wojo and Chromeseeker. Some of us live far away. I will post when I have a good report. I enjoy the reports. For me to get there is a 2hour drive. Keep up the reports guys.quote:
Originally posted by Wojo

quote:
Originally posted by dickie

Dick Saarloos

What's you're point? I read and follow many of the topics and respond if I have something to say.

Wojo

The purpose of this board was the sharing of information, also a bit of bragging. No is holding a gun to your head to participate. Some of us long line troller are out of the water for the season and are enjoying other outdoor activities involving hunting.

If you don't like how this board is running then do your own thing. I personally share my info ( not the exact spot ) in hopes of making someone's limited time on the water productive. Just because you know where the fish are doesn't mean you will catch them. :)

Maybe we should make a rule that forces members to respond to all posts they read or face a 1 year jail term.

Seriously who cares.

Het guys I asked the question just to liven up this board, It was not meant to be personal.

Dick Saarloos

I was going to post a response but was too busy reading other posts. ;-)

Happy holidays to all.

I agree with keeping it as is. Good site with a few Doinkers but lots of good info. Be safe guys!!

MERRY XMAS

GDAWG

I confess, I am a board troller, I am new at Erie fishing and have learned alot from this site, so many thanks to all that share their knowledge.

Also, after I read posts like the one about board trollers, I feel like I could be a rocket scientist or brain surgeon or maybe royalty.

bd

quote:
Originally posted by bigdog

Also, after I read posts like the one about board trollers, I feel like I could be a rocket scientist or brain surgeon or maybe royalty.

bd

Darn well said, bigdog!8D

Due to the discrepancy between views and posts here, I have always figured that this site gets a lot of bot traffic. It seems like it gets crawled frequently for whatever reason. I doubt that there are really THAT many people trolling sites looking to horn in on your super secret honey hole.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks