rabbit stew

erie feeln

hello everyone have 2 rabbits that i'd like to make into a good or great stew.does anyone have a awesome recipe?Well not me but my wife will make it.any secrets will be yummy.john. :p

Here's my favorite rabbit recipe:

Cut rabbit into frying size pieces, coat with seasoned flour, and pan fry until nicely browned on all sides. Put browned rabbit into roasting pan or dutch oven, preferably cast iron, and smother with sliced sweet onions ( with 2 rabbits I'd use at least 4 large onions ). Spoon one quart of sour cream on top and spread over the onions. Cover pan / dutch oven and bake slowly in oven at 325 degrees for 1.5 - 2 hours. Serve over mashed potatoes or cooked egg noodles and enjoy!

thanks canvas,will try it next time.wife made some excellent mixture.what more does a guy want on the weekend. wild game,beer,whiskey,and most of all FOOTBALL.ooooooalso forgot the remote.ha ha ha.

Good recipes live a long time. I haven't enjoyed a feast of wild rabbit or hare in 40 years but agree that the recipe described by Canvasbacksca is really good and was the best in my experience.
quote:
Originally posted by canvasbacksca

Here's my favorite rabbit recipe:

Cut rabbit into frying size pieces, coat with seasoned flour, and pan fry until nicely browned on all sides. Put browned rabbit into roasting pan or dutch oven, preferably cast iron, and smother with sliced sweet onions ( with 2 rabbits I'd use at least 4 large onions ). Spoon one quart of sour cream on top and spread over the onions. Cover pan / dutch oven and bake slowly in oven at 325 degrees for 1.5 - 2 hours. Serve over mashed potatoes or cooked egg noodles and enjoy!

arnold you should come to the rabbit supper at the german hall in delhi. the cost last year was 15$ for the meal wich consisted of bread, butter, relish trays, boiled pot., vegs, creamed rabbit pepricosh, noodles, and fried chicken. If interested I will post the date when it comes me via mail. also a good cause and anyone can join the hunt and fish club. great night out and fun time.

keepen'er afloat is always better than sinkin.

I love rabbit stew. I use chicken broth as the rabbit meat is white when cooked. Add carrots, parsnip, potatoes and dumpling. Great eating. Most city people thinks it is gross. They don't know what they are missing as it is one of the best tasting and an age old food on earth.

Hi guys my first post ,which ever way you cook those rabbits ,
ENJOY ...... but remember to spit out the lead

Yeah Lee, post it for sure. Which hunt and fish club is that?
quote:
Originally posted by binkley

arnold you should come to the rabbit supper at the german hall in delhi. the cost last year was 15$ for the meal wich consisted of bread, butter, relish trays, boiled pot., vegs, creamed rabbit pepricosh, noodles, and fried chicken. If interested I will post the date when it comes me via mail. also a good cause and anyone can join the hunt and fish club. great night out and fun time.

sorry :that is the delhi german home hunt and fish club.
the date is feb 27 and the price is 20.00$ pp.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks