puslinch

Mark E

5 inches of ice should be 18 plus. me and the dog 8 pike 3 catfish 3 lost kept 4 hamerhandles for supper.
nothing for an hour then busy. supper was to die for.

Where do you get on at? The restaurant? I haven’t fished there for 4-5 years they had a huge winter kill and I stopped going.

Used to be lots of large mouth bass there. I used to go in a small 1 person fly fishing pontoon boat and caught 4 lb bass there. The winter killed a few years ago killed off all the fish.

5 inches of ice should be 18 plus. me and the dog 8 pike 3 catfish 3 lost kept 4 hamerhandles for supper.
nothing for an hour then busy. supper was to die for.
Wow only 5”. Of ice. Yes you would think it would be more ice by now,
Now that the resteraunt posted no trespassing it is a long walk into the lake from the conservation Property.
Nice going Mark ?

Last year they were asking people to park on the road and walk in and onto the ice. Not sure they even want to allow access through their property. There was a police officer there asking people to move their vehicles. He said that as long as there were no signs indicating that you were trespassing and you weren't circumventing a barrier it was ok to walk through to fish.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200210-075616_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20200210-075616_Maps.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 66
I used to go ice fishing there many years ago. We would go out from were the restaurant is situated, then things changed a lot. They stopped people from parking there even though we used to park nearby. I too wonder were a person can access the lake (when there's safe ice.) I'm under the impression that the local land owners don't want anybody coming around other than patronizing the restaurant..? Correct me if I'm wrong. Huron.

I used to go ice fishing there many years ago. We would go out from were the restaurant is situated, then things changed a lot. They stopped people from parking there even though we used to park nearby. I too wonder were a person can access the lake (when there's safe ice.) I'm under the impression that the local land owners don't want anybody coming around other than patronizing the restaurant..? Correct me if I'm wrong. Huron.
I drove in to there a few weeks ago they had a sign posted no trespassing or lake access on the right hand side of rd way before the water ski school.

Wow only 5”. Of ice. Yes you would think it would be more ice by now,
Now that the resteraunt posted no trespassing it is a long walk into the lake from the conservation Property.
Nice going Mark ?
it's a long walk but the dog helped tow the sled. park by the 401 share the ride spot. some good size fish I let go.

Where do you get on at? The restaurant? I haven’t fished there for 4-5 years they had a huge winter kill and I stopped going.

I think they stopped parking at the restaurant shortly after the guy was killed by a snowmobiler a few years back? Many good days there and it's been a long time. I might have to head that way.

I think they stopped parking at the restaurant shortly after the guy was killed by a snowmobiler a few years back? Many good days there and it's been a long time. I might have to head that way.
Yes that is about the right time things went crappy.

let the fat girls go the numbers will grow, park on the road walk by the restaurant should be o.k.
that winter kill really did a number on everything but life is bouncing back

Good luck buddy. Us ice fisherman are in the minority with little money in our pockets as far as land use activity around Puslinch. H,mmm…. Hey doesn't Justin Bieber have a home right in the Puslinch area. Maybe we could get him to help our cause. LOL !!! Huron.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks