Pt. Stanley ramp...

Yikes that is a mess. Gets me thinking what the mouth of the Thames at Light house cove will be like for all the guys trolling musky.
The Thames peaked yesterday and there was sure a lot of debris heading down stream.

...is sorta done for now so better use Stans!!View attachment 50208
I was thinking @DaveJ as well that the port stanley boat ramp is done for this year!! 😒 This coming Wednesday looked good for some walleye fishing out on Lake Erie off port stanley,etc., because of the light winds as of now that are being forecasted for that day,and maybe other day’s as well. But I am just guessing that the port stanley boat ramp won’t be looking like this again,BBA2C625-9C2D-406A-B300-17DF93E10A4B.jpeg anytime soon!! Maybe Stans Marina boat ramp like @DaveJ mentioned might be the next good E9E8C5FE-93AB-4D6D-B4EB-C1B453B2DC62.jpeg choice for launching a boat there to get out on Lake Erie this week. Tight lines & Walleye’s ON!! to anyone fishing out on Lake Erie & Be Safe!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

I was thinking @DaveJ as well that the port stanley boat ramp is done for this year!! 😒 This coming Wednesday looked good for some walleye fishing out on Lake Erie off port stanley,etc., because of the light winds as of now that are being forecasted for that day,and maybe other day’s as well. But I am just guessing that the port stanley boat ramp won’t be looking like this again,View attachment 50242 anytime soon!! Maybe Stans Marina boat ramp like @DaveJ mentioned might be the next good View attachment 50243 choice for launching a boat there to get out on Lake Erie this week. Tight lines & Walleye’s ON!! to anyone fishing out on Lake Erie & Be Safe!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂
You got that right brother. Plus the crap floating out in the water 50 yards off the ramp was just as thick....wouldnt want to bring a boat through it. I winterized my endine yesterday, gonna run some antifreeze through all the pumps today, take everything out of the boat, get it ready to store.
Moose deer geese all await me....

You got that right brother. Plus the crap floating out in the water 50 yards off the ramp was just as thick....wouldnt want to bring a boat through it. I winterized my endine yesterday, gonna run some antifreeze through all the pumps today, take everything out of the boat, get it ready to store.
Moose deer geese all await me....
All the best to your hunting season @DaveJ 👊👊 I don’t hunt at all for wild game,but I just hunt for most freshwater fish,which involves the whole year. My boat won’t be winterized till sometime usually in early November like in the past year’s,because the pike’s,bass & perch are putting the “feed bag” on right now for the winter month’s ahead.After my boating/fishing season is over this year,I will then be river fishing for steelhead’s till the end of December,and then eventually ice fishing once there is “safe ice” for perch & pike’s. All the best to your hunting season & here’s hoping 🤞 that the port stanley boat ramp will be cleaned up in time for fishing again on Lake Erie for some walleye & rainbow fishing,and I am just guessing,but likely the boat ramp won’t be cleaned up until next year. 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Have to get my boat pulled out in the next few days (truck/trailer are too big to easily get in/out of Stan's) so I took a drive down to the public launch this evening and it appears they've got it all cleared out. There was still whole trees across the ramps on Saturday night so they must of cleared it sometime yesterday or today. Both ramps appear clear of big debris with only a few clumps of small floating wood chips left near the waters edge. Turn around area is clear with only a few odd sticks still laying on the concrete ramps... would only take a minute or two of clearing before backing a trailer down.
So to anyone wondering it appears the Port Stanley public launch is good to go again.

Have to get my boat pulled out in the next few days (truck/trailer are too big to easily get in/out of Stan's) so I took a drive down to the public launch this evening and it appears they've got it all cleared out. There was still whole trees across the ramps on Saturday night so they must of cleared it sometime yesterday or today. Both ramps appear clear of big debris with only a few clumps of small floating wood chips left near the waters edge. Turn around area is clear with only a few odd sticks still laying on the concrete ramps... would only take a minute or two of clearing before backing a trailer down.
So to anyone wondering it appears the Port Stanley public launch is good to go again.
Good 👍 to know @RJMP about the port stanley boat ramp being cleared out of debris and good to be able to use again. All the best in pulling your boat out there. I am just guessing,but if anyone was going to go fishing off port stanley for walleye’s,etc.,there would likely still be some log’s,and all kinds of debris floating around out there on the lake from the flood. Port Bruce & Port Burwell would likely also be the case,from the recent flood there. Off Port Glasgow would be my choice if I was going to be using a boat ramp now,only because there is only a harbour there at port glasgow with no creek or river that flows into Lake Erie to bring log’s and debris with it. Caution should still be practiced though while fishing out on Lake Erie,because of the waves and the winds that could disperse log’s & debris anywhere out there from some of the port’s that had the recent flooding there. Tight lines to all & Be Safe!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks