Pt Stanley/ Bruce Sat am

B

Bruce Graham

Trolled the 60 to 65 area about halfway between the 2 ports. Ended up with 8 eyes and 1 bow, the lake was as flat as you will see it. Was checked by a couple of co's who pulled up and stayed up front of the boards and really were just counting rods vs people with a licenses and were not there to be a nusance. I just wish they would spend some more of there efforts checking the comercial guys.
The way the weather looks it might have been a good end to a great summer on the lake

Neptune

:(next time you go by the tug ill expalin the ways of the lake ok:(and how it was saved in the 60/s by comercial fishermen

8D[|)]Saved by the commercial fishermen in the 60's? No need to wait for him to go by the tug, tell him right here, because I am interested to hear how they saved the commercial fishery too! [xx(]:p

fishy.jpg

We got stopped by the CO's last night as well, they were quite respectful and pleasant, checked out licence and rods and fish count, and never made us skip a beat, "keep on trolling we will follow you on port side", handed our licence in their little telescopic pole.

Ended up 8 eyes and 1 bow as well, lost just as many.

Cheers

Herefishyfishy

A CO came up to me as we were getting ready to recover the boat at Port Bruce & just shot the crap for a few minutes. Asked how we done but didn't ask to see in the cooler or see our licences.
Not that I was worried as we sure didn't have to many fish & we both have licences.

Fisherman I guess some people are guilty of painting everyone with the same brush. I appear to be guilty of that in this case. I believe there are many responsible tug operators who are respectfull of the lake. I hear stories of the tugs dumping the big walleye and the big perch. I don't know if its true, but if its not, here is your oportunity to speak to the issue.

Neptune

I would also like to know how the commercial fisherman saved the lake in the 60s do tell,you hear of overfishing by the commercials all the time and they get a slap on the wrist,overharvest PULL their liscence .

rumor has it the only reason they were checking is that someone heard of 1 guy with 16 to 18 fish in there possesion.got busted,thats worse than a murder charge.[B)] its just what we here at the ramp

quote:
Originally posted by erie feeln

rumor has it the only reason they were checking is someone heard of 1 guy with 16 to 18 fish in there possesion.busted thats worse than canidian murder charge.[B)]just what we here at the ramp

He woulda been one busy boy ;P

Stu

The CO's have a slip rented in Pt.Bruce and have been out for acouple weeks checking guys out , we got checked out on tuesday aug. 11 so they have been out spending some of our money lol...............apps

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks