Pt Dover bass

meridian

does anybody fish for bass around pt dover .
tried a few times with no luck[?]:)

wouldn't be my first choice, though they are there. you're better off out of port maitland at the shoal, or anywhere in longpoint bay or pottohawk. a little vague but the bass at port dover are just there in the numbers they would be anywhere in erie,but much more plentiful at the places i mentioned.

I plan to fish Dover and the north shore on Friday. Last year the fishing there was outstanding but in 2011 cold near-shore water has changed normal migration patterns along that route. The SW winds tomorrow may restore normality. I'll report Friday afternoon. In an average year the bass fishery along the north shore is every bit as good as along Long Point excepting that Long Point is easier to fish because Pottohawk and Bluff Bar are predictably good spots.
quote:
Originally posted by meridian

does anybody fish for bass around pt dover .
tried a few times with no luck[?]:)

I started to fish north shore out of Turkey Point two years ago because I found after second or third week in July bass fishing much better than in the bay.But I never had to go much further than Fishers Glen .
This year we moved to Port Dover and I am going out of there as well.
I don't know all the names but have caught lots of bass on the tiny shoals off Wooleys Point(?), the next point up with the concrete ramp coming down and the next point up.Shoals are marked on marine map and show on navionics map.Not every shoal seems to have bass however.
Today was still catching bass in four fow near Fishers Glen,so Duck Soup is correct.
Bass have been hitting every day this week along these points.
I can't go out til Fri but intend to try rocky water 4 to 8 fow between point with concrete ramp and fishers glen on Fri. Look for rocky bottom with weed beds nearby but clean around rocks.
I think you asked before about Port Dover,if still no luck by weekend e-mail me and we'll arrange to go together ,either one or two boats.
As stated before black mr twister,4 ", or black silver Rapala, small "heavy headed" deep diver seems to be better than long thin ones.Fish seem to this shape of minnow in them.
Good luck.

Thanks Angler, went out thursday evening for a couple of hours
1 bass at wooleys 1 at pt ryerse & 1 perch.,plus 4 sheep
try agaun monday weather permitting.8D,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks